THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Stock Audio Sound Quality + Requested Aftermarket Mods

03-20-2014, 10:35 AM   #1
darkerosxx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 M235i

Stock Audio Sound Quality + Requested Aftermarket Mods

I wanted to share that I have the stock audio system in my m235i and I can find no serious gripes in the sound of the system.

I am the kind of music listener that turns on my bluetooth music every single time I get in the car and cranks up the stereo. I'm not an "audiophile" in the purest sense of the word, but I listen to music ALL the time and pay extra for good sound. I have spent thousands on car speakers in the past, near $1000 on headphones/earbuds in the past year or two, and would have bought the H/K if I hadn't gotten such a great deal on a car that didn't have it.

Having said all of that, I again have no serious gripes with this system, but I do have a few minor ones:

1.) Without the H/K speakers on the front triangle part where the door meets the dash, the plastic looks cheap. It looks like "umm, something should be there, but isn't, why is it like this?". If I wasn't in a lease, I would look to aftermarket modify this immediately.

2.) Not so much gripe here... This weekend I will take a better look at it, but it looks like I have grilles under my seat on the floor, where speakers would go. If that's the case, I'm going to talk with my audio folks about doing aftermarket woofer addition.

3.) With the stock system faded to the middle of front/rear, the sound appears to ALL come from the front of the vehicle. I'm going to look into a way to perform an aftermarket tweeter or midrange addition for the rear, maybe in the bottom rear triangle of the window for a tweeter.

Anyone else have thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 04:27 PM   #2
golf4501
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Should have gotten the H/K it's 16 speakers.

oh wait
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 09:28 AM   #3
darkerosxx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf4501 View Post
Should have gotten the H/K it's 16 speakers.

oh wait
lol exactly!
Appreciate 0