THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Who has tuned the MATCH UP 7BMW with RTA??

08-25-2019, 07:38 PM   #1
Hekler
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M240i Black on Black

Who has tuned the MATCH UP 7BMW with RTA??

Dirtboy and BEM-S4 have been really helpful on audio set up but I am curious who all has tuned the Match amp using the RTA.

I downloaded the RTA sound bites but can someone explain in detail the exact steps to make this work?

1. How do you play the white noise ? Download file to a usb memory stick?

2. What settings do you use for rta? Frequency response? Speakers , do you do fronts together, or left or how?

Also curious to see your different final adjustments for Eaton speakers and Bavsound Ghost subs version 2
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 10:06 AM   #2
Midtown2020
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C (6MT) & X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekler View Post
Dirtboy and BEM-S4 have been really helpful on audio set up but I am curious who all has tuned the Match amp using the RTA.

I downloaded the RTA sound bites but can someone explain in detail the exact steps to make this work?

1. How do you play the white noise ? Download file to a usb memory stick?

2. What settings do you use for rta? Frequency response? Speakers , do you do fronts together, or left or how?

Also curious to see your different final adjustments for Eaton speakers and Bavsound Ghost subs version 2
I'm watching your thread as I am considering the Match UP 7BMW as well, and am curious how much of a PITA it will be to do the RTA. . I'm curious if you opted for the $300+ HELIX MTK1 Microphone kit, or if there is a more affordable option?
Also, I stumbled across a WiFi Adapter that allows you to connect your laptop to the Amp via wifi to perform RTA after you've put your car back together after the install. There is also a mobile app that can connect to the wifi adapter that allows you to use the mobile app as a remote control for basic settings. Are you considering installing that also? It is the Helix Wi-Fi controller.

Last edited by Midtown2020; 08-27-2019 at 10:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 12:00 PM   #3
Hekler
Private First Class
Rep

I have used RTA's for my home theater and for sound reinforcement applications before.

I have the system sounding really good for the most part by adjusting to my ear and my favorite cuts.

I got the microphone at amazon per Dirtboy

Here it is. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The more people that give feedback, potentially the better. Thanks for the wi-fi info. I will check it out.
Appreciate 1
      08-30-2019, 03:14 PM   #4
Midtown2020
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C (6MT) & X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekler View Post
I have used RTA's for my home theater and for sound reinforcement applications before.

I have the system sounding really good for the most part by adjusting to my ear and my favorite cuts.

I got the microphone at amazon per Dirtboy

Here it is. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The more people that give feedback, potentially the better. Thanks for the wi-fi info. I will check it out.
FYI - I reached out to Audiotec Fischer and learned that the Helix WiFi Controller, does NOT work with the iOS app and the Match UP 7BMW Amp combination.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 01:07 AM   #5
S62RIP
Registered
Rep
Drives: E39 M5

I recently installed the Match Amp in my 2020 M240i. I used the instructions posted by AudioTec from their Sound Tuning Magazine to configure and tune the DSP.

http://audiotec-fischer.de.dedivirt2...70d008e6b1.pdf

I’m waiting on a sub enclosure from Visual Ice to complete my build which will add a JLA 10W3V2-2 with 600/1 amp to the Match amp and Eton front, rear and under seat drivers.

I’ve been pleased with the Match DSP. I’m using a UMIK-1 microphone I already had from tuning with a MiniDSP in my Miata. Pondering crossover point for the 10” sub and the underseat drivers.

Last edited by S62RIP; 08-31-2019 at 01:08 AM.. Reason: Typos
Appreciate 1
Hekler29.00
      01-28-2020, 08:43 AM   #6
babyrocket319
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by S62RIP View Post
I recently installed the Match Amp in my 2020 M240i. I used the instructions posted by AudioTec from their Sound Tuning Magazine to configure and tune the DSP.

I’m waiting on a sub enclosure from Visual Ice to complete my build which will add a JLA 10W3V2-2 with 600/1 amp to the Match amp and Eton front, rear and under seat drivers.

I’ve been pleased with the Match DSP. I’m using a UMIK-1 microphone I already had from tuning with a MiniDSP in my Miata. Pondering crossover point for the 10” sub and the underseat drivers.
Question for you on equalizing the amp. I just installed the 7BMW in my M235i and have used the software to set everything up to the point of equalizing. Starting on p. 54 of the Sound Tuning Magazine, which uses v3 of the PC-Tool software, the instructions are different from what I see in v4 (the current version and the first that supports the 7BMW amp). How did you go about setting the EQ bands? And what did you do with the new FX functions (FX Menu) like Augmented Bass Processing, Center Processing and Front Processing? This review of the 7BMW amp from Car HIFI does a good job of explaining these FX functions.

Thanks for any help you can provide, I just want to make sure I get this set up right!

Patrick
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 05:59 AM   #7
Hekler
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by S62RIP View Post

How is your system doing after all this time. I just added a sub and amp but can't figure out how to get the digital line in to work? I ended up tapping in to the under seat subs signal.
Appreciate 0