THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Live Traffic Updates / Speed Camera Ahead Services

09-29-2015, 08:48 AM   #1
2Banger
M POSTER
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2er

Live Traffic Updates / Speed Camera Ahead Services

How does one go about getting these things, what is the option called and possible pricing?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2015, 08:54 AM   #2
Killramos
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '19 M2 '21 X5

Garage List
traffic is called ARTTI, and no idea about speed camera ahead services ( not available in my area) but im pretty sure they are not retrofitable.

Better off just using an app on your phone or something.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2015, 08:54 AM   #3
OpenAir
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Enzo F23 228i

Garage List
2015 BMW 228i  [0.00]
I get live traffic updates on mine, but the speed limit info is part of the Driver Assistance Package.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2015, 08:56 AM   #4
Killramos
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenAir View Post
I get live traffic updates on mine, but the speed limit info is part of the Driver Assistance Package.
correct me if im wrong but speed limit info wont help you predict traffic cameras. It just reads the road signs for speed limit for you and displays it on the dash?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2015, 09:38 AM   #5
OpenAir
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Enzo F23 228i

Garage List
2015 BMW 228i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killramos View Post
correct me if im wrong but speed limit info wont help you predict traffic cameras. It just reads the road signs for speed limit for you and displays it on the dash?
Correct!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2015, 10:11 AM   #6
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Banger View Post
How does one go about getting these things, what is the option called and possible pricing?
As we see more forum members from more countries, I think it would be helpful if posters stated the country in which they operate their car. Services, standard equipment, option packages, and other things vary -- sometimes wildly -- from country to country.

Traffic cameras are a perfect demonstration of this. In Australia, there very well may be a service that pinpoints their location through BMW Nav Pro. In the U.S., such cameras are nowhere near as prevalent or as numerous -- and many are likely about to be deprecated as litigation, privatization, and civic liability has begun to erode their functionality (whatever you may think about that). In fact, large regional and national police organizations have (so far unsuccessfully) even tried to bully Waze into removing the police-ahead feature on its app, even though the app relies strictly on crowdsourcing for that data.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2015, 05:14 PM   #7
Cpdbeemer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i & X6 5.0

Quote:
Hi mate. Live traffic is from the Connected Drive package, which I have. the traffic feeds just come on line automatically pretty much exactly 2 weeks after you purchase the car. I was driving over the Harbour Bridge heading home from work and got notification of a traffic snarl ahead which i then avoided.

the rest of the Connected Drive features....well getting them to work is another matter.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2015, 07:27 PM   #8
2Banger
M POSTER
Australia
Rep

Thanks for all the responses guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpdbeemer View Post
Hi mate. Live traffic is from the Connected Drive package, which I have. the traffic feeds just come on line automatically pretty much exactly 2 weeks after you purchase the car. I was driving over the Harbour Bridge heading home from work and got notification of a traffic snarl ahead which i then avoided.

the rest of the Connected Drive features....well getting them to work is another matter.
I have Connected Drive, do i need to turn anything on to make this work?

I have been ride sharing and have been so use to my parent's vehicle saying 'Im over the speed limit' / 'Speed Camera Ahead' / 'Red Light Camera Ahead'

How do i go about getting driver assist package Is that something you ring 'Parts' about? Lol
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2015, 11:04 PM   #9
Cpdbeemer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i & X6 5.0

Quote:
I have Connected Drive, do i need to turn anything on to make this work?
It turns on automatically from head office 2 weeks after purchase. I haven't found it worthwhile tbh to this point. Weather and live traffic all i have received on it.
Quote:
How do i go about getting driver assist package Is that something you ring 'Parts' about? Lol
Cant help I dont have this option.
      10-01-2015, 09:35 AM   #10
Killramos
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I have been ride sharing and have been so use to my parent's vehicle saying 'Im over the speed limit' / 'Speed Camera Ahead' / 'Red Light Camera Ahead'

What kind of car do you parents drive? Because my loaded 2 doesn't do any of those things.

Depending on how your car is spec'ed retrofitting driver assist could cost you many thousands of dollars. Hardware, bumpers ( for the sensors ). idrive version. there are a million things that could be different.

Just out of curiosity did you look at the equipment that came on your car at all when you bought it? Retrofitting options to a brand new car is
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 09:17 AM   #11
2Banger
M POSTER
Australia
Rep

Quote:
What kind of car do you parents drive? Because my loaded 2 doesn't do any of those things.

Depending on how your car is spec'ed retrofitting driver assist could cost you many thousands of dollars. Hardware, bumpers ( for the sensors ). idrive version. there are a million things that could be different.

Just out of curiosity did you look at the equipment that came on your car at all when you bought it? Retrofitting options to a brand new car is
Believe it or not my parents own the New Mazda 3 & 6's and even in the base models things i mentioned COME standard its a shame we have to pay so much more... Even HD Reverse camera's with guidance lines are standard on base models

Here i am about to get Aftermarket OEM Plug & Play done and its gonna cost me $600, BMW Asking $1,000 for it lol.

Ah i have sensors and whatnot everything besides things i mentioned, but owell im happy overall i was just hoping there was some way i could get these options somehow but i dont think it'll be likely!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 10:00 AM   #12
Killramos
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Yea alot of cheaper cars come with a ton of these gimicky gadget features. They cost nothing and attract a ton of buyers. As for the cameras they are becoming mandatory in cares MY 2018 and later in the US i think so alot of companies have started including them standard to get ahead of the curve. Again they really aren't that expensive to manufacture that way especially when every model and trim has them.

I dont think BMW has the options available for the car to do what you are saying ( hence why i asked what your parents drive).

Honestly just attach a cell phone to a vent and power up waze and be done with it if you really want those features.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2015, 08:25 AM   #13
2Banger
M POSTER
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Yea alot of cheaper cars come with a ton of these gimicky gadget features. They cost nothing and attract a ton of buyers. As for the cameras they are becoming mandatory in cares MY 2018 and later in the US i think so alot of companies have started including them standard to get ahead of the curve. Again they really aren't that expensive to manufacture that way especially when every model and trim has them.

I dont think BMW has the options available for the car to do what you are saying ( hence why i asked what your parents drive).

Honestly just attach a cell phone to a vent and power up waze and be done with it if you really want those features.
Yeah i thought so too, Thanks alot.
Appreciate 0