THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Business nav routing.

10-16-2018, 11:07 AM   #1
Lew Carrum
Private First Class
Wales
Rep
Drives: M 240

Business nav routing.

My 240 has the basic business navigation package with the usual sparse/non existent user instructions. Can I plot an actual route on the nav ( like on my garmin with many waypoints) or is it just the case of enter a destination from where the car is now situated?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2018, 04:02 PM   #2
MarcoZandrini
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

I use Google maps. It's always up to date. I've never used the nav in my car.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2018, 05:19 PM   #3
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoZandrini View Post
I use Google maps. It's always up to date. I've never used the nav in my car.
This doesn't help the OP at all. If you can't contribute constructively, then don't contribute at all. It just ends up being noise nobody wants.

OP: IIRC, my OEM Nav did not have that capability from the car. I'm unsure about remote multiple-waypoint capability via BMW Apps; I personally never tried it, but I don't remember it being an option, either.

Note that Infotainment and Navigation for the 2 Series had a completely separate Owner's Manual than the main one for the 2 Series -- at least it did for 2015 models like mine was. As an alternative, I'd use this BMW link to find the online manuals that apply to your particular car.

EDIT: Just realized you're in the UK, OP. Looks like Owner's Manuals aren't online there. You can, however, request one through this BMW UK link.

Last edited by Viffermike; 10-18-2018 at 05:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2018, 08:12 AM   #4
War69
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240I

I think I know what you are looking for. I use MyRoute app to configure a custom route for my BMW motorcycle then transfer the route to my Garmin. This app allows you to create the map in the format that the BMW car map can read through your USB port. Through my findings that option is not available on the cars in the US. Ugh. Would be nice as I love it on the bike for custom routes.
Appreciate 0