THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum N20 Low oil pressure warning help!

03-25-2023, 08:29 AM   #1
GoldfishRT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 228i M-Sport

N20 Low oil pressure warning help!

Well, about two miles from a relative's I'm house sitting for, my car flashed a low oil pressure warning. It didn't go into limp mode.

I pulled over immediately, turned the car off. Checked the engine bay to make sure nothing super apparent. Turned it back on after thinking about it and ran the oil level check which came back max (oil changed at the dealer 2000 miles ago). The light was gone so started rolling back home and roughly a mile later came back on. Needless to say this frightened me but, the rest of the way home was a coast down hill so I eased it home coasting in 3rd and jammed it in their garage where it now sits.

I have a reader back at my place and I'm hoping that will narrow down whether it's just the sensor or not.

The car did have the timing chain guides and all of that done under warranty 30k miles ago so I'm really hoping it's not that.

Guess I'm just looking for advice for other things to check before getting it towed.

Edit: Got my bimmerlink all set up, and of course, cant replicate the error and the oil pressure looks fine! Drove the couple hours home problem free. Chalk it up to aging BMW electronics I guess.

Last edited by GoldfishRT; 03-25-2023 at 03:04 PM..
Appreciate 0