THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack 19'' BBS CI-R

04-01-2017, 05:59 PM   #89
Tano22
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M4 Competition XDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
So far I've had only one run through the canyons but I had to take it easy since the tires are new and a bit slippery. Today I was driving around town in DSC off mode, gone are the days that the rear end slid out unexpectedly on hard acceleration. To say that I'm pleased with the change would be a huge understatement. In my opinion this is how the car should have been to begin with. I think one reason they held back is because they new that the M2 was coming and they didn't want to blur the line between the two. My car has been transformed, if anyone wishes their M235i were a little bit more sporty I would highly recommend the Dinan springs even with the original tires. This car does need a bigger rubber patch though to complete the upgrade. I'm not pining for an M2 anymore.... I saved the extra $25,000 it would have cost me to upgrade.

The tires haven't rubbed at all. I think it rides better than stock, the ride is more controlled and cornering is more flat without being harsh. I would say that Sport+ provides a very controlled ride. I can drive around in comfort mode now without the car feeling spongy. I paid $550 for the springs including installation, which is a bargain for the amount of improvement. I need more time on the road to have more constructive feedback.
Honestly I think you might have just sold me on them. Where did you get the bump stops? PM me if necessary.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2017, 06:17 PM   #90
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tano22 View Post
Honestly I think you might have just sold me on them. Where did you get the bump stops? PM me if necessary.
I bought the bump stops myself. Front part number 31331138814, rear part number 33536762722. I read in this forum how these are the same as the Dinan ride handling kit by someone who bought the official kit. They are working great. ECS has a cheap price on the front ones by a 3rd party, I think $6. each. I paid the BMW price minus the usual 20% discount for the rear stops, they cost me $23. each. You're supposed to keep the old rear bump stop covers for the new bump stops. You can get both at ECS, if you spend $50. you'll get free shipping or just search the net with the part number and find the vendor you like.

Last edited by AlpsRider; 04-01-2017 at 06:41 PM..
Appreciate 2
Tano22147.50
koston37.00
      04-01-2017, 11:06 PM   #91
M235Montreal
BMW Lover
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

http://blog.**********s.com/f22-bmw-...ot-4s-modauto/

Amazing Fitment , i'll stay posted , if u have zero rubbing i'll jump on Dinan to !
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 10:43 AM   #92
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M235Montreal View Post
http://blog.**********s.com/f22-bmw-...ot-4s-modauto/

Amazing Fitment , i'll stay posted , if u have zero rubbing i'll jump on Dinan to !
This link still doesn't work for me. It is somehow blocked on this site I think.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 05:31 PM   #93
M235Montreal
BMW Lover
Canada
Rep

Quote:
This link still doesn't work for me. It is somehow blocked on this site I think.
Yeah man, look it up in M0dbargains ! well done and reassuring for peeps who want to lower on Dinan springs !,,, that Zero is an O right haha , obviously they blocked that site!
Appreciate 2
Tano22147.50
RotorOver295.50
      04-06-2017, 03:28 PM   #94
M235Montreal
BMW Lover
Canada
Rep

They're here ! did not get the chance to drive yet aside from a 30 mile limit residential zone but right away i felt more responsiveness ! they positively feel lighter . next step is the highway in wet conditions !
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
AlpsRider2865.00
      04-06-2017, 05:14 PM   #95
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep

It looks great! I think you'll find that those tires make it less of a hooligan car because it sticks to the road. I'm happy to have the extra grip.
Appreciate 1
Tano22147.50
      04-07-2017, 08:50 AM   #96
Tano22
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Awesome. Looks great in that color as well. And yes, the extra grip is fantastic. And I love looking at the car from the back with those thick rear tires
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 08:51 AM   #97
Tano22
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It looks great! I think you'll find that those tires make it less of a hooligan car because it sticks to the road. I'm happy to have the extra grip.
Did you apply the matte wheel sealant? How did that go? How did you do it? What does it look like?

I actually bought the cleaner and the sealant. Used the cleaner yesterday but not the sealant.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 10:31 AM   #98
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Did you apply the matte wheel sealant? How did that go? How did you do it? What does it look like?

I actually bought the cleaner and the sealant. Used the cleaner yesterday but not the sealant.
I'm happy with the Beasley sealant so far, the first time I applied it I followed the instructions exactly. The wheels look just a bit more shiny but not much. Personally I don't mind a little sheen on the wheels. When I washed the car for the first time after mounting the wheels, the water beaded up and most of the brake dust just rinsed off of the wheels. However, as was the case with the original wheels, if I don't wipe them down after washing, a light film of brake dust remains on the wheels in some places. I wiped them down with the sealant after drying and they came out great. I know that isn't exactly the way the product is supposed to be used but so far so good. With the original wheels, I wiped them down with a good detailer product after washing but it is not recommended to use it on satin wheels.

The pictures of my wheels at the install shop were taken after treatment with Beasley sealant when they were clean. In the pictures on the mountain, they were not clean.

Last edited by AlpsRider; 04-07-2017 at 10:48 AM..
Appreciate 1
Tano22147.50
      04-07-2017, 10:27 PM   #99
M235Montreal
BMW Lover
Canada
Rep

Thanks guys ! drove the 4S extensively in greasy conditions on my car and an F30 335i Modded and as it is advertised they are considerably better than the PSS ! i'm truly amazed by their performance in the wet and furthermore they feel even more comfortable !! i almost feel bad saying this because i loved the PSS so much since 2012 but i guess we can't stop progress ! now the 4S rules !
Appreciate 1
Tano22147.50
      04-08-2017, 09:24 PM   #100
SlowM240i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
They're here ! did not get the chance to drive yet aside from a 30 mile limit residential zone but right away i felt more responsiveness ! they positively feel lighter . next step is the highway in wet conditions !
What size? And tire size
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2017, 02:50 AM   #101
M235Montreal
BMW Lover
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowM240i View Post
What size? And tire size

Same as the other bros : 265/30/19 rear 235/35/19 front 4S , Wheels :19 by 9 ET48 rear, 19 by 8 ET45 front on stock suspension .
Appreciate 3
Tano22147.50
kohlzor46.50
      04-09-2017, 05:45 PM   #102
SlowM240i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M240i

Can you post a closer side pic to see how flush the wheels are with the car
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2017, 12:39 PM   #103
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep

This link was just posted in another thread, but I think it is appropriate to repost here. The new 763M "M car" wheel looks just like the BBS CI-R!
"Guess I got me somuh them there "M" wheels"
http://www.bmwblog.com/2017/04/12/20...-style-wheels/

Apparently they cost $5,500. "The M2 is a special car and it needs special wheels. While they aren’t cheap, costing around $5,500"

Last edited by AlpsRider; 04-13-2017 at 12:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2017, 06:34 PM   #104
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I just wanted to let you know, Tano, that today I was cornering fairly hard on a sharp turn going up a steep hill and hit a big bump. One of the front tires touched on the inside of the fender near the top at about 10:00. It left a little black skid mark on the inside of the fender but there was no damage and no mark on the tire. It touched on the inside lip so I guess I'll have to consider having them bent in a bit (rolled) which doesn't show from the outside. In fact the rear fenders are rolled from the factory. Granted it was under extreme conditions but I wasn't expecting it to rub, I think these tires are a bit bigger than MPSS. I just wanted to give you a heads up.
Appreciate 1
Tano22147.50
      04-14-2017, 06:42 PM   #105
Tano22
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider
Quote:
I just wanted to let you know, Tano, that today I was cornering fairly hard on a sharp turn going up a steep hill and hit a big bump. One of the front tires touched on the inside of the fender near the top at about 10:00. It left a little black skid mark on the inside of the fender but there was no damage and no mark on the tire. It touched on the inside lip so I guess I'll have to consider having them bent in a bit (rolled) which doesn't show from the outside. In fact the rear fenders are rolled from the factory. Granted it was under extreme conditions but I wasn't expecting it to rub, I think these tires are a bit bigger than MPSS. I just wanted to give you a heads up.
Much appreciated, man. That's good Intel.
Appreciate 1
kohlzor46.50
      04-15-2017, 10:01 AM   #106
M235Montreal
BMW Lover
Canada
Rep

Quote:
oh boy! thanks for letting us know man ! remind me though! u on stock suspension or Dinan lowered ?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2017, 10:41 AM   #107
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
oh boy! thanks for letting us know man ! remind me though! u on stock suspension or Dinan lowered ?
I installed the Dinan springs at the same time as the wheels. I knew that I could run bigger tires on the wheels or run stock tires lowered without issue, but doing both without camber plates is challenging on that car. I'm so close that I might consider curving in the inner lip just a tad. Many others have installed the wheels without the springs and have had no rubbing issues. I am going to have to pay close attention to assess how bad it is. I've been driving for several weeks without issue until now.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2017, 08:16 PM   #108
M235Montreal
BMW Lover
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I installed the Dinan springs at the same time as the wheels. I knew that I could run bigger tires on the wheels or run stock tires lowered without issue, but doing both without camber plates is challenging on that car. I'm so close that I might consider curving in the inner lip just a tad. Many others have installed the wheels without the springs and have had no rubbing issues. I am going to have to pay close attention to assess how bad it is. I've been driving for several weeks without issue until now.
thanks mate, I installed the same Wheels as u but im still on stock suspension and no rubbing so far with Lively street driving , i was contemplating lowering to fill the gap but i'll refrain for now
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2017, 11:23 AM   #109
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
thanks mate, I installed the same Wheels as u but im still on stock suspension and no rubbing so far with Lively street driving , i was contemplating lowering to fill the gap but i'll refrain for now
I don't think with your current setup the tires would rub under any circumstances. The wheel width and offsets are about as perfect as you can get to install bigger tires on that car. Even with the Dinan springs, the tires have only rubbed once under extreme conditions and it was just a 1/2" black skid mark on the inside lip of a front wheel well. I had been driving the car for two weeks without issue to that point. I've made a small adjustment to the front fenders, I am hoping that it was enough to give the tire clearance to never touch the fender.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2017, 06:21 PM   #110
kohlzor
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240xi

Quote:
Awesome man, trust me when I say that it is well worth it. Had a beaming smile the entire drive home.
Nice! Where did you get the wheels from? Looking to get a similar set for my Black Saphire 240
Appreciate 0