THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Re-Tune after Air Intake?

08-15-2018, 10:05 AM   #1
AggieM235i
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Re-Tune after Air Intake?

I received a Stage 1 tune from Active Autowerke (ECU OBD Flash) and I am also going to install an Injen intake at the same time. I mentioned the addition of the intake to the software support at AA and they responded with a message that "The intake shouldn’t affect much other than sound, stock intake isn’t much of a restriction." Their recommendation was to run the Stage 1 tune I had already received. While I don't assume there is power gains to be had and tuned for with the intake, I would think that there might be a slight change to be made. I've read posts mentioning possible rough idles that were solved through a tune update, so this is how I'm coming to that conclusion.

Does anyone have any feedback regarding the possible need for an updated tune file, or am I over-thinking the intake repercussions?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2018, 06:06 AM   #2
Amack
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: EB 2016 M235i

U might get a code but that's about it. Just re flash it if ur concerned. No harm in doing it again
Appreciate 1
      08-21-2018, 02:56 PM   #3
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Most idle fluctuations adapt through the regular DME software, not the tune. Other issues with CEL usually come down to leaky MAF's.

You won't need to retune.
Appreciate 1