THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes My "New" Dinan Springs Arrived Today...

07-12-2018, 09:22 PM   #23
ChrisFulton
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
IIRC, the Dinan people also make a good case that part of what they are charging for with those bumpstops is all the research to figure out which one would work best w/ their system (I don't think the fronts and rears are from the same model, and they tried a bunch of different sizes and durometers). It isn't just that they grabbed a 2-series part off the shelf and jacked the price. I'm not a huge Dinan fan (and I think they also just got sold or bought out), but it doesn't seem unfair for them to want to recoup devo costs.
I appreciate that argument but I'm skeptical that there was that much R&D, and if they wanted to just charge me an extra $20 for the "compatible BMW bumpstops;" I would have paid that.
I'm very happy with the springs but the attempted profit on the "Supplemental Ride Quality and Handling Kit," is too much.

For those interested:
Rears are part # 33536762722
Fronts are part # 31331138814
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2018, 10:17 PM   #24
wntrsnowg
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

I noticed that ECS also sells 'scratch and dent' springs but they look like what you just bought. Maybe some others got swapped?

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-dinan-pa...saAs8hEALw_wcB

2016 m235i RWD 8spd
2016 Mazda CX-5
Past - B6 Audi A4
Appreciate 0