THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) deeper wheel cleaning

08-13-2018, 12:52 AM   #1
vancitymike
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i xDrive

deeper wheel cleaning

Iíve owned the car for about 6 months, and thereís stuff on my rims that wonít come off with regular wheel cleaner. I was thinking of trying clay, different wheel cleaner, or some fallout/iron remover. Anyone have a good suggestion? I purchased the vehicle used from a dealer, and the wheels were spotless, anyone know what they do? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 01:09 AM   #2
pikcachu
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancitymike View Post
I’ve owned the car for about 6 months, and there’s stuff on my rims that won’t come off with regular wheel cleaner. I was thinking of trying clay, different wheel cleaner, or some fallout/iron remover. Anyone have a good suggestion? I purchased the vehicle used from a dealer, and the wheels were spotless, anyone know what they do? Thanks
Sonax full effect plus
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 01:37 AM   #3
tomerz
Registered
Israel
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i

1+
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 07:25 AM   #4
aturk
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i

If you have the ability, I would really recommend taking the wheels off the car.

You will be able to really let the product of your choice dwell, and scrub, and dwell and scrub. You will then be able to scrape off any tar chunks that get built up in there as well.

Usually, this is faster for me too. Allows so much extra room without having to resort to specialized wheel cleaning brushes. Only takes 5 minutes to jack the car up one side at a time safely and pull the wheels off.