THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes NEW RELEASE: Dinan F2x/F3x Adjustable Camber Plate Kit

08-03-2017, 03:31 PM   #89
mazerrackham
Private
Rep
Drives: i3, M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan_f22 View Post
SO another update...

I installed 12mm front, 15mm rear spacers and any noise that was there is now completely gone.

Sounds like stock, rides amazing. So if your on Dinan camber plates without spacers, go get some. Thickness will probably depends on your wheel size, 7.5/8/8.5/9/9.5 etc....
Are you still happy with the V2 Dinan plates? Any additional NVH after a few months and track days?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2017, 05:06 PM   #90
bryan_G01
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: like i stole it...

6 month update:

about 6 track days so far, and daily driving.

Still has that little clunking noise but it hasnt got worse or louder. I'm completely unaware of the noise at this point driving now.
1997 M3 Sedan Auto Cosmo Black Metallic
2018 x3 m40 Auto Grey Metallic
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2017, 03:09 PM   #91
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Freaking sucks. I can't tolerate suspension noise on a street car. Been there, done that and it's not worth plus it's annoying and makes the car feel cheap. I really wish someone could build a non-adjustable OEM strut hat with one more degree of camber. With these adjustable setups, there's no getting around the noise.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2018, 07:57 PM   #92
kthor703
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

Quote:
6 month update:

about 6 track days so far, and daily driving.

Still has that little clunking noise but it hasnt got worse or louder. I'm completely unaware of the noise at this point driving now.
Any updates on noise? Just picked up some Apex 8.5 inch wide wheels and trying to find the best camber plates. I understand there will be some noise, but trying to get the ones with the least noise. I also like how most of the stock parts are compatible (boots, covers, etc).
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2018, 01:44 PM   #93
bryan_G01
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: like i stole it...

the noise isnt that bad. But if you have really bad roads, i would avoid it all together.

Make sure your shop does a good job installing everything correctly and order new strut tower wax nuts.

as far as what suspension settings, this all depends on you and your car. I would say start at -2.0 all around and close to .0 toe and go from there. If you search hard enough there are pics of our settings in the threads.

I realized this is almost a year since my last post so here is an update:

Everything is cool. I did hit a pot hole and get a new strut and associated parts. This seems to have removed even more of the little clinking i did have. I'd say where most ppl f' up is with the wax nut and reusing them. Avoid all together and use new to avoid any possible slippage.

I am basically daily at -2.3 fr -2.1 rear with no spacers on apex ec7. fitment is in my profile on re71r 225.40.18 /255.35.18. I can add much more tire in the back because of this rears offset. I think its 58. I might try 265 rear and its matching front size (245? i think) next time. Car handles great, drives great. on a smooth road, no noise, let go off the wheel and it tracks perfect.
1997 M3 Sedan Auto Cosmo Black Metallic
2018 x3 m40 Auto Grey Metallic

Last edited by bryan_G01; 06-30-2018 at 01:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2018, 05:39 PM   #94
kthor703
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

Quote:
the noise isnt that bad. But if you have really bad roads, i would avoid it all together.

Make sure your shop does a good job installing everything correctly and order new strut tower wax nuts.

as far as what suspension settings, this all depends on you and your car. I would say start at -2.0 all around and close to .0 toe and go from there. If you search hard enough there are pics of our settings in the threads.

I realized this is almost a year since my last post so here is an update:

Everything is cool. I did hit a pot hole and get a new strut and associated parts. This seems to have removed even more of the little clinking i did have. I'd say where most ppl f' up is with the wax nut and reusing them. Avoid all together and use new to avoid any possible slippage.

I am basically daily at -2.3 fr -2.1 rear with no spacers on apex ec7. fitment is in my profile on re71r 225.40.18 /255.35.18. I can add much more tire in the back because of this rears offset. I think its 58. I might try 265 rear and its matching front size (245? i think) next time. Car handles great, drives great. on a smooth road, no noise, let go off the wheel and it tracks perfect.
Awesome, thank you for the detailed update. I really would like to dial in some camber, so I feel like I'm going to have to go with camber plates. Not quite ready to jump to some coilovers until I drive it on the stock suspension for a bit.

I live in Michigan, so we definitely have our share of bad roads. I don't think I have a choice but to put up with some kind of noise if I want what I need for the track. LOL
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 11:56 AM   #95
flypenfly
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Cayenne, 2015 Msport 228i

How do these compare to the Millway plates?

https://www.millway.se/camber-plates...0-f31-f32.html
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 12:08 PM   #96
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by flypenfly View Post
How do these compare to the Millway plates?

https://www.millway.se/camber-plates...0-f31-f32.html
Never directly tested any of the competition but on the surface they seem very similar. The Dinan ones appear to have a wider adjustment range (43mm vs 22mm) so an extra 1/2 degree of negative camber is possible with Dinan if you have an especially aggressive setup. Again, couldn't comment on NVH or anything between the two however.
Appreciate 0