THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum using ctek 3300 charger

05-11-2022, 06:11 PM   #1
robian
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M240i

using ctek 3300 charger

I have a ctek 3300 multi 12v charger I'd like to use with my 2020 M240i. It came with just the cig lighter adapter. It worked fine a couple of years ago on a Porsche but not sure if it is working correctly for the BMW. When plugged in and in Car mode, the green battery light comes on but the the half charge indicator light blinks orange. Anyone know if this thing is working correctly?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2022, 07:34 PM   #2
John in VA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M Sport

Did you check the manual?
https://www.batterystuff.com/files/7...us-3300_us.pdf
2015 BMW 228i in EstorilBlau II Metallic / Terra Dakota Leather - 6-speed manual, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Harman Kardon premium sound, Anti-theft alarm system, Blue Metallic Matt Accent Moldings, Aluminum Hexagon Interior Strips, Anthracite Headlining
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2022, 03:20 PM   #3
robian
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M240i

Yes, the manual I have does not mention using the cig lighter port. But Ctek on line FAQs does say that using the cig port is okay. I'm just going to assume the blinking orange just means it is trickle charging. Thanks for the manual, it is the same one I have.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2022, 10:20 AM   #4
USA-RET
Captain
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue M240i

Depends which light is blinking orange. One is an error the other is a charging light.

Appreciate 0
      05-13-2022, 02:21 PM   #5
RvR
Private
Rep
Drives: M240i

Using CTek

Quote:
Originally Posted by robian View Post
I have a ctek 3300 multi 12v charger I'd like to use with my 2020 M240i. It came with just the cig lighter adapter. It worked fine a couple of years ago on a Porsche but not sure if it is working correctly for the BMW. When plugged in and in Car mode, the green battery light comes on but the the half charge indicator light blinks orange. Anyone know if this thing is working correctly?
Hi Robian,

The M240i deactivates the 12V sockets when it's powered off, so you cannot use a 3300 and the 12V sockets. (Porsche's 9x1 series will leave the ports active if you hook something up within 15 minutes. Not so with BMW.)

Open the hood and put the red clamp on the terminal under the red cover, and then the black clamp on the black terminal, on the passenger side of the car. It should also be described in the owner's manual. Then plug the Ctek in and it should sequentially light the first three LEDs within 10 minutes. It'll take a few hours to get to green, maybe a half day. Mine has never shown two greens, I think the car has too much parasitic draw.

Note when you do an ED, BMW also uses the underhood terminals while they brief you on the car. In that case, they have power in the turntables in the delivery floor. Up in the display area, they do have CTeks hooked up.

HTH,

RvR
Appreciate 0