THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications Best CF trim for 2 series?

02-04-2022, 03:52 PM   #1
Wnajr5
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i

Garage List
2017 BMW M240i   [0.00]
Best CF trim for 2 series?

I just bought my 17 m240 and retrofit the race display wheel with the trim from the m3/m4 bc the 2 series open pore carbon looks like something off eBay and I just found out they made the interior trim look just as bad. I would like to still use the m performance interior trim unless a company makes something miles better but everything I've found is either stickers or just out right fake carbon. I'd rather not give bmw another 2k on all the trim pieces just to end up having to add more layers, sand it down, and throw some clear on it and hope it looks better than before. Here's some pics for reference
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 08:55 PM   #2
EE60
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wnajr5 View Post
I just bought my 17 m240 and retrofit the race display wheel with the trim from the m3/m4 bc the 2 series open pore carbon looks like something off eBay and I just found out they made the interior trim look just as bad. I would like to still use the m performance interior trim unless a company makes something miles better but everything I've found is either stickers or just out right fake carbon. I'd rather not give bmw another 2k on all the trim pieces just to end up having to add more layers, sand it down, and throw some clear on it and hope it looks better than before. Here's some pics for reference
I like the m2 dry carbon trim. Don't think that it looks like ebay
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 01:57 PM   #3
Wnajr5
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i

Garage List
2017 BMW M240i   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EE60 View Post
Quote:
To me the texture is what makes it cheap. The unrefined look is cool but I feel like next to the glossy refined carbon the texture makes u question whether it's carbon or plastic. And I already have the gloss carbon trim for the wheel so I feel like it would throw everything off. I'd also like to have my carbon match but that's just me.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2022, 04:04 PM   #4
Doubleojon
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 m240ix

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EE60 View Post
Quote:
To me the texture is what makes it cheap. The unrefined look is cool but I feel like next to the glossy refined carbon the texture makes u question whether it's carbon or plastic. And I already have the gloss carbon trim for the wheel so I feel like it would throw everything off. I'd also like to have my carbon match but that's just me.
I used to feel the same way. Now after having installed the M Performance dry carbon I much prefer that to the gloss. It just looks classier in my opinion. The gloss looks sportier I guess? To me it just looks too flashy.
Appreciate 0