THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum RaceChip XLR throttle re-map

05-19-2022, 09:58 AM   #1
2breezy
Private
Rep
Drives: M235i vert

RaceChip XLR throttle re-map

In the few years I have had my M235i convertible, I have always hated the laggy feel when you take off in comfort mode. I often press Sport mode for takeoff and then go back to comfort for cruising.

Finally got the RaceChip XLR throttle re-mapper on their May sale. ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS.

I have run it for two weeks now, playing with the Sport and Sport+ settings. This device makes the throttle curve perfect. Now leave it on the sport setting and forget it. No more pushing 1/2” of throttle waiting for the power to start. Wonderful curve from the first movement of the pedal.

I waited for a few weeks to give it the final test. After driving in XLR sport, BMW comfort for two weeks, I switched it back to the “factory” default setting. Wow, just as bad as I had suspected. BMW definitely blew it when they mapped the throttle. The fuel mileage is the same, so they didn’t just want to maximize the fuel savings.

My best mod so far. (But the charge pipe should be first, since it is a known point of failure.)
Appreciate 0