THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications LCI Conversion troubleshoot

04-04-2022, 02:15 PM   #1
Is_M235i
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

LCI Conversion troubleshoot

Hello,

I wanted to see if anyone would be able to assist with an issue I’m having.

Basically I have a ‘16 m235i that I have attempted a LCI tail light conversion on and I have run into the issue of the passenger side light not working.

Possible issue(s):

1. Somehow I need a new connector where the old pins will go into (I have the 6 pin setup correctly based off of previous thread).

2. The apple CarPlay that is installed into the car needs to be FULLY disconnected for the code to be installed properly.

3. Somehow I’m going crazy and the pins that I have repainted aren’t done correctly even after referencing the OP regarding an LCI conversion.

What I have tried:

1. Testing if it’s the tail light itself
- I plugged in the passenger side tail light to the driver side to see if it was the tail light not working being the issue. The result was that both tail lights are in working condition.

2. Recoding the car more than a few times based off of a previous thread that went into detail about the exact codes that need to be changed in bummer code.

Also note:

1. Coding was all done thru bimmer code
2. Battery was and is unplugged at the time of repining the old to new connector (s)
3. Drivers side light works perfectly fine.

Literally any guidance or assistance with this would be greatly appreciated, as I am stumped to see what the actual issue is here except for the two possibilities that I have mentioned.

Attached are photos of the right side pins that I have installed front and back for better clarity.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-18-2022, 12:39 PM   #2
TrboMike
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

Put a voltmeter on each pin to see if the voltage is coming thru. You could have not pinned it right (its not stuck down deep enough, not enough metal spliced off the end, etc) or even something simple like the wires got caught on somthing and cut where they come out of the car while you were working.

Check the pins, if one or more not working, pull the wires out of the connector and check the voltage at wire ends, if no voltage or ground there its a problem down the wire.
Appreciate 0