THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Andream + AUX Activation on iDrive 6 Evo

01-17-2022, 12:28 PM   #1
R_don_abon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M240i

Andream + AUX Activation on iDrive 6 Evo

Hi all,

I'm thinking about going ahead and ordering an mmi unit for my m240i for Android Auto. From everything I've read, Andream appears to be a popular option at a fraction of the Bimmertech cost. It seems like most of these all do the same thing and you just want to be sure you buy one that can be updated for new firmware releases.

The only hurdle appears to be that idrive 6 Evo HU's do not have aux enabled and this would be resolved through coding. It looks this is what I need to change through bimmercode. I've never coded before but it seems fairly simple (these are all in expert mode).
CDMM_AUX_HU and set to AKTIV
CDMM_ANALOG_AUX and set to AKTIV
CDMM_AUX_SIMPLE_1 and set to AKTIV

Does it sound like I have everything sorted? I just couldn't stomach paying 850 plus tax on a Bimmertech.

Side note, I noticed some vendors like hifimaxi appear to include an actual 3.5mm aux make connector in their wiring harness with a usb adapter as a workaround, however, I haven't seen any reviews on them. Anyone used these before?

Thanks!

Last edited by R_don_abon; 01-17-2022 at 04:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2022, 08:25 PM   #2
sAmiZZle
Rep
Drives: BMW M140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_don_abon View Post
Hi all,

I'm thinking about going ahead and ordering an mmi unit for my m240i for Android Auto. From everything I've read, Andream appears to be a popular option at a fraction of the Bimmertech cost. It seems like most of these all do the same thing and you just want to be sure you buy one that can be updated for new firmware releases.

The only hurdle appears to be that idrive 6 Evo HU's do not have aux enabled and this would be resolved through coding. It looks this is what I need to change through bimmercode. I've never coded before but it seems fairly simple (these are all in expert mode).
CDMM_AUX_HU and set to AKTIV
CDMM_ANALOG_AUX and set to AKTIV
CDMM_AUX_SIMPLE_1 and set to AKTIV

Does it sound like I have everything sorted? I just couldn't stomach paying 850 plus tax on a Bimmertech.

Side note, I noticed some vendors like hifimaxi appear to include an actual 3.5mm aux make connector in their wiring harness with a usb adapter as a workaround, however, I haven't seen any reviews on them. Anyone used these before?

Thanks!
Just checking in if you were able to get the AUX input working with an MMI unit using these settings? I'm thinking of getting an MMI and have the same conundrum.
Appreciate 0