THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Replace underseat sub or trunk sub?

04-04-2022, 10:44 AM   #23
Kevin @ Integral Audio
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i | Z3 2.8 | F30 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEN54 View Post
I have a question, I have 2017 BMW 330xi with Hi-Fi, I have upgraded Tweeters, Mids front and Rears and two under seat Subwoofers also installed Match PP86 DSP Amp, I bought all this from Bimmer-tech. I feel I need more bass, can I add Match PP 7S-D Compact trunk Subwoofer and not loosing existing underseat subwoofers?
You know you're on the 2 series board, right Can't help much with the Match product, though it looks like it is not powered and so you'd need to lose a couple channels from the PP86 in order to power that. Also, that's a spare tire sub, where were you planning on mounting it??

FWIW we are hoping to have a powered version of our standalone Phantom trunk subwoofer in the next couple of months. This is only for the 3 series though, before anyone gets too excited here Same look and feel as the existing passive version:

www.integralaudio.com
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 11:46 PM   #24
instalher
25cent millionaire
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 m4 comp vert

Garage List
2020 bmw  [0.00]
  [9.00]
  [0.00]
  [9.50]
2018 bmw 230i xdrive  [8.50]
well from over 20yrs in the install bay dump those underseat subs, replace with earthquake sws 8ix... Now they wont sound great unless you add some power.. so add some power..lol.. But if you need to get down really low for crap rap noise than a sub is needed... try a Audiomobile 10 inch dvc sub... run your 8s from 60 to 300hz 24/oct.
Appreciate 0