THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Tracking / Autocrossing Chassis Malfunction?

08-31-2016, 08:30 AM   #23
Pparana
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

You can code out the option, no need for kit. I have coilovers, no kit.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2016, 12:22 PM   #24
DVC
Diligentia Vis Celeritas
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by verheizer View Post
I read about a similar phenomenon in a german car magazine. I think it was a tuned 435i. When the EDC equipped cars get too much lateral acceleration this chassis malfunction mode engages. Nothing is broken, but it sure is annoying.
I've had this "Chassis Malfunction" message on track before...Not as a result of a spin, just while pushing very hard in a few corners. (although for me it didn't cut power or anything). I ended up attributing it to the EDC sensors as well. I have since upgraded to coil overs, and went the route of coding out the EDC dampers entirely, which I think will prevent it from happening again.
      09-19-2016, 09:39 AM   #25
gp_solo2
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Got the chassis malfunction code couple of times as well. Mostly occured on very hot days in traffic and one time during an autocross on the grid after a run. Nothing else to report unless the error message. Restarting the car cleaned the code until next occurence. Went to the dealer couple of times and they finally changed a vertical acceleration sensor that was defective.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2018, 12:34 PM   #26
ketema
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbplanet View Post
hey sorry to bring up an old thread but i was wondering if you have a picture of your edc delete? i have the same exact chassis malfunction message

When i installed my v3, the shop actually had to cut the existing connector off and splice the new cancellation kit. I'm think thats the reason its throwing the error but can't really undo the splicing now.
No sorry I don't have the car anymore. Also I switched from EDC to fixed club sports.
2015 6M Black Sapphire Metallic | MPE w/Carbon Tips | Digital MP Steering Wheel | Carbon Interior | StopTech Slotted Rotors | Pagid RSL1 Race Pads | KW Clubsport Coilovers | DINAN Stage 2 and Carbon air intake | Clutch Masters Lightweight Performance Clutch and Flywheel | Hotchkis Anti-Roll Bars | Enkei RS05RR 18" Racing Wheels
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 03:50 PM   #27
freakystyly
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F22 B58 6MT

Thread revival...

I had this issue come up with adaptive shocks just this week. I thought I'd put my experience on here in case anyone searches in the future anyways.

Symptoms: No damage or recent pot hole explosions. Chassis malfunction warning on idrive. Eco /Comfort / Sport / Sport+ modes still work as usual except eco / comfort are more "stiff". Scanned and came up with a VDC module error code 482951. Resetting didn't stick, fault is continuous.

Fix: Replace the acceleration sensor (and wiring since it was a revised part). It looks to just bolt on to the side of the strut. It's the 2nd wire coming off of the strut.

Also likely unrelated, my strut mounts look to be toast on both sides, grinding noise from the bearing when turning.
Do these F chassis even have separate strut bearings? It looks to together as a part of the mount assembly.

Will be replacing with camber plates soon, this will bump up the timetable I guess.

Last edited by freakystyly; 04-14-2022 at 04:00 PM..
Appreciate 0