THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB Oil pump removal

05-07-2022, 04:33 AM   #1
jkoljo
Private
Rep
Drives: M235i

Oil pump removal

Hey everyone. I was in the progress of installing the MMR oil baffle setup on my M235i, and while I have good access to most of the conrods, I decided to check the health of my rod bearings. They don't look so good at 101k km. So they are getting replaced with ACL Race STD bearings, arriving on Tue.

However, the oil pump is blocking access to the cylinder #1. I checked ISTA, and it says I should open a few access ports in the front of the engine, to bleed pressure off the hydraulic tensioning system before removing the oil pump sprocket. Is that how it is usually done (DIY)? Or can I just undo the sprocket T45 bolt and slide the sprocket off (and back on when reinstalling)?

Thank you very much. Here are a few pictures as well.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
overcoil3073.50
      05-07-2022, 09:30 AM   #2
MarcoZandrini
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Can't answer your question, but I'd like to know about the car's maintenance history, especially oil change intervals, oils and filter used, etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2022, 11:43 AM   #3
jkoljo
Private
Rep

Copying this from another thread:

So, I have had the car for only about 5000 km, but there was no abnormal driving during my time. I changed the oil when I bought the car. I am using the BM3 Stage0+ (M2) tune with a Wagner catted DP (futureproofing). No ethanol.

The car had the original charge pipe when I got it, and it had become very brittle. I think it was original. Also, the DP clamps were stuck AF, so I think that this car has not been heavily tuned. At least it has not had significant supporting mods. The service history is ok, following the BMW spec of 30 000 km oil changes. I do not agree with BMW on the interval, but it is what it is, and the previous owner followed it.

No idea if the car was tracked, but it had BMW brake pads, and no track use supporting mods. Stock M Perf suspension and so on. Tires weren't anything special either.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2022, 08:44 AM   #4
MarcoZandrini
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

What so the crank journals look like?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2022, 12:53 PM   #5
jkoljo
Private
Rep

They look good. Almost brand new looking.
Appreciate 0