THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics are there hybrid instrument clusters with and without MOST?

04-11-2022, 07:05 AM   #1
AbnormallyAspirated
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i 6-Speed Convertible

Garage List
are there hybrid instrument clusters with and without MOST?

Hi:

I'd like to upgrade my 2016 M235i instrument cluster from the one with 4 analog gauges and only the small rectangular display, to the one with the bigger lcd across the bottom and the digital MPG gauge.

My car has the 6.5" display and HU_ENTRYNAV. If does NOT have fiber optic cables on the quadlock

I'm not clear on whether I can just upgrade the IC without upgrading the HU. Is seems like some of these ICs have a MOST cable port, and some do not?

Can anyone clarify this? P/N's for the IC I'm looking for would be great. realoem.com didn't help me much, but I'm kinda new to the whole BMW scene I know about coding and virginizing requirements - just looking for the correct P/N's.

Thanks,

Dave
Appreciate 0