THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions Upgrade Screen

10-06-2021, 01:50 PM   #1
techmattr
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Upgrade Screen

Does anyone have experience with upgraded aftermarket screens? I'm considering a MMI add-on or screen replacement. I was originally going to just buy a Bimmer-Tech MMI Prime because that was the only one I had heard about but when I started researching I found there are tons of options... although they may all be basically the same.

I have a 2014 M235i. It has navigation but no backup camera. I want something that has a bigger screen than my current ~6" screen and with touch capability. Also want Wireless Android Auto and Wireless Carplay.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 12:13 PM   #2
Itsjoshshep
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by techmattr View Post
Does anyone have experience with upgraded aftermarket screens? I'm considering a MMI add-on or screen replacement. I was originally going to just buy a Bimmer-Tech MMI Prime because that was the only one I had heard about but when I started researching I found there are tons of options... although they may all be basically the same.

I have a 2014 M235i. It has navigation but no backup camera. I want something that has a bigger screen than my current ~6" screen and with touch capability. Also want Wireless Android Auto and Wireless Carplay.
Interested.

I've seen people use Defined Coding for a full retrofit, the price is around £1600.
Appreciate 0