THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Photos and Videos My M235i blue estoril

03-09-2021, 09:23 PM   #155
sublimey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Boxster S

Quote:
Originally Posted by david51 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. F22 View Post
Hi David, thanks for the great thread! Could you explain more what is required for the two side pieces? Want to make sure I understand correctly before I attempt. Is it 1. Remove F82 leather from foam, 2. Remove F22 leather from foam, 3. Apply F82 leather to F22 foam?

I have fitted everything else - here is where I'm at:

Many thanks!

Hello,
cool
you can try to do as you say
I kept the original side sides of the F82
if I remember I had modified just the top part by twisting the small metal bar inside but I have no more pictures
This is the clip around the knee area that can't be clipped in.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 09:54 PM   #156
Mr. F22
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublimey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by david51 View Post
Quote:
Hi David, thanks for the great thread! Could you explain more what is required for the two side pieces? Want to make sure I understand correctly before I attempt. Is it 1. Remove F82 leather from foam, 2. Remove F22 leather from foam, 3. Apply F82 leather to F22 foam?

I have fitted everything else - here is where I'm at:

Many thanks!

Hello,
cool
you can try to do as you say
I kept the original side sides of the F82
if I remember I had modified just the top part by twisting the small metal bar inside but I have no more pictures
This is the clip around the knee area that can't be clipped in.
I know exactly the struggle you are going through! Even with the metal bar on the backside of the seat bottom removed, the bottom is effectively still "too long" to clip in easily. Keyword: easily. I was able to get it to clip in by pushing the seat bottom in and down simultaneously with full force. Effectively pushing/wedging the seat bottom inward with all my mite so the clips line up and can be secured. It definitely wasn't plug and play but it can be done. Hope this helps!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 10:00 PM   #157
sublimey
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I know exactly the struggle you are going through! Even with the metal bar on the backside of the seat bottom removed, the bottom is effectively still "too long" to clip in easily. Keyword: easily. I was able to get it to clip in by pushing the seat bottom in and down simultaneously with full force. Effectively pushing/wedging the seat bottom inward with all my mite so the clips line up and can be secured. It definitely wasn't plug and play but it can be done. Hope this helps!
Did you do any other modifications? I'm not too clear if anything else needs to be done. especially this instruction
https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show...&postcount=128

did you manage the get the side panel fitted as well? my understanding is that it can't be fitted the top latch doesn't line up with the M2's latch
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 10:11 PM   #158
Mr. F22
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Did you do any other modifications? I'm not too clear if anything else needs to be done. especially this instruction
https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show...;postcount=128

did you manage the get the side panel fitted as well? my understanding is that it can't be fitted the top latch doesn't line up with the M2's latch
Only modification to the seat bottom was cutting out the piece of metal that goes along the width of the bottom. Then lots of elbow grease to push it in so the clips can line up.

Have not fitted the side pieces yet - as you say, the top latch does not line up. I'm hoping an auto upholsterer can finish up the job. Although, I do believe David mentioned he was able to bend the metal latches on the side pieces to get them to line up properly. I had no luck attempting that unfortunately.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 10:16 PM   #159
sublimey
Private First Class
Rep

hmmm he's talking about 2 sides to be removed from the foam... I wonder if its makes the seat more pliable so there doesn't need to be that much force to get it in.

"and the 2 sides must be removed from the foam or is the arrow"'

Are you driving aroudn with the stock side panels? The stock side panels don't fit the M4 lower rear seats right?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2021, 08:49 AM   #160
Mr. F22
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
hmmm he's talking about 2 sides to be removed from the foam... I wonder if its makes the seat more pliable so there doesn't need to be that much force to get it in.

Are you driving aroudn with the stock side panels? The stock side panels don't fit the M4 lower rear seats right?
In post 152, he says he "kept the original side sides of the F82 if I remember I had modified just the top part by twisting the small metal bar inside" in response to my question about the two side pieces.

I'm driving around with no side pieces (just as in the picture I posted). fortunately I never have anyone in the back seats...

I think to really do this right, the F82 leather should be applied to F87/F22 seat frame and the leather + foam from the F82 should be applied to the F87/F22 frames of the two side pieces. Hopefully I will get an auto upholsterer to get the job done sometime this summer. Feel free to PM if any further questions.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2021, 09:16 AM   #161
sublimey
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

In post 152, he says he "kept the original side sides of the F82 if I remember I had modified just the top part by twisting the small metal bar inside" in response to my question about the two side pieces.

I'm driving around with no side pieces (just as in the picture I posted). fortunately I never have anyone in the back seats...

I think to really do this right, the F82 leather should be applied to F87/F22 seat frame and the leather + foam from the F82 should be applied to the F87/F22 frames of the two side pieces. Hopefully I will get an auto upholsterer to get the job done sometime this summer. Feel free to PM if any further questions.
Brilliant. I think I'd do just that. I'm engaging a leather restorer for a job anyway. I could just leave him the OG rear bench to realign with the M4 rear bench seat covers. I think it might need some modifications.
I'll ask him which is easier.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2021, 08:40 PM   #162
sublimey
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Brilliant. I think I'd do just that. I'm engaging a leather restorer for a job anyway. I could just leave him the OG rear bench to realign with the M4 rear bench seat covers. I think it might need some modifications.
The leather guy doesn't recommend changing the leather. The sides don't match and the stitching doesn't match the grooves so eventually it'll shift around.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2021, 07:51 AM   #163
Mr. F22
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The leather guy doesn't recommend changing the leather. The sides don't match and the stitching doesn't match the grooves so eventually it'll shift around.
Interesting. Did he have any suggestions about how he would do it? Or anything re the side pieces?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2021, 05:28 PM   #164
david51
Captain
France
Rep
Drives: bmw M3 F80

Garage List
Hello,
The best for the 2 exterior cousins so that it is well maintained is to install the original models after having redone the leather at a professional or have the models of the M2 competition.

for the back seat
what prevents the seat from being properly clipped, it is the 2 ends which touch the frame
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2022, 06:48 PM   #165
meady100
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

I fitted the back seats.

Ok guys, I am happy to say I fitted the M4 comp rear seats in my M2 OG today, and I can tell you exactly how I did it. I'm not suggesting this is the perfect method, just what I did. If you have any more questions hit me up on instagram @dunstablem2 as I don't often come on this forum.

Feel free to try fitting the bench without removing the brass coloured U-bracket off the side bolsters. People have said it's possible, but this makes it a lot easier. Be careful when you have the rear rests in but not the bench, if you put the rests into the 'down' position onto the bare metal (where the bench would be), then kneel on them it will force the rests onto pretty sharp metal which could damage or even cut the leather. Be prepared to push the bench in extremely hard to get it to clip. You're pretty much getting the bench to slightly bow/bend to find that extra last cm or so of reach to the clip. For this reason I don't think the middle clip is possible to get on, as the middle plastic rigid tray means you can't get the flex you need.
Attached Images

Last edited by meady100; 06-03-2022 at 04:08 AM..
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50
      06-08-2022, 11:56 PM   #166
david51
Captain
France
Rep
Drives: bmw M3 F80

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by meady100 View Post
Ok guys, I am happy to say I fitted the M4 comp rear seats in my M2 OG today, and I can tell you exactly how I did it. I'm not suggesting this is the perfect method, just what I did. If you have any more questions hit me up on instagram @dunstablem2 as I don't often come on this forum.

Feel free to try fitting the bench without removing the brass coloured U-bracket off the side bolsters. People have said it's possible, but this makes it a lot easier. Be careful when you have the rear rests in but not the bench, if you put the rests into the 'down' position onto the bare metal (where the bench would be), then kneel on them it will force the rests onto pretty sharp metal which could damage or even cut the leather. Be prepared to push the bench in extremely hard to get it to clip. You're pretty much getting the bench to slightly bow/bend to find that extra last cm or so of reach to the clip. For this reason I don't think the middle clip is possible to get on, as the middle plastic rigid tray means you can't get the flex you need.

Hello,

your backrest is badly positioned, it is too high

Have you changed the brackets?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-05-2023, 10:47 PM   #167
Dbonef22
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

The white goes crazy
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2023, 02:02 PM   #168
Jake sommers
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW m2 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by meady100 View Post
Ok guys, I am happy to say I fitted the M4 comp rear seats in my M2 OG today, and I can tell you exactly Kodi nox how I did it. I'm not suggesting this is the perfect method, just what I did. If you have any more questions hit me up on instagram @dunstablem2 as I don't often come on this forum.

I would definitly check that out as I have some issues with my rear seats

Last edited by Jake sommers; 01-13-2023 at 02:08 AM..
Appreciate 0