THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Euro active retrofit head unit unbalances my front door speakers

10-16-2023, 09:04 AM   #1
Ethan8466
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 Series 218D M-Sport

Euro active retrofit head unit unbalances my front door speakers

I installed a Euro active retrofit head unit and everything worked fine, at the start of this year suddenly my audio in my right speaker dropped off by 70%. To fix this issue I manually adjusted the balancing to 70% to the right speaker to equalize the sound. Doing this worked to some degree, it made my overall volume lower.

Another day goes by and I start the car and now my audio is 70% favoring the right door speaker which now means my "balanced" speakers are now unbalanced. To fix this I went back to manually balance the speakers to 50/50.

This actually makes both speakers work 100% at the same time, but not for long.

The next day I start the car, it goes back to 70% to the left. And so a cycle of constantly changing balancing speakers has started and has gone on since the start of this year and I'm fed up with it.

I bought a new head unit to see if it was the head units fault, the new head unit has the same issue so it cant be the head units problem. I have ordered new door speakers to see if that will fix it but I think it has to do with the car software.

I have a Carly device and it gives me an error code of B7F8C3, "Connection head unit to CID : No communication. This could be the issue but I have no idea

If anyone knows how I can fix this horrible issue I would much appreciate it.
Appreciate 0