THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum End of Warranty Service

02-14-2019, 09:36 AM   #1
TMatt
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EB M235i

End of Warranty Service

So my 2016 EB M235i w/ MT is coming up on 50k miles and I'm going to be taking it in for service before the end of the warranty. Are there any specific wear items that I can/should ask them to replace/check? I'm thinking spark plugs (idle is getting a little rough), and maybe brake pads(i know they recently replaced the fluid). Is there anything else I'm not thinking of that they will cover? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 12:37 PM   #2
Funwithdesign
Arsevader
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i

Don't think they will cover plugs but I would get them to do an inspection.

Up here in Canada, BMW offers a 55 point inspection and it's a reasonable price (I think right now they include a free year of roadside assistance with it too which is a decent deal)
Appreciate 1
Feddersen451.00
      02-14-2019, 01:24 PM   #3
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

Cabin air filter, if they haven't already replaced it; and push for rotors with the pads (for me they were surprisingly willing to just resurface them, but another .001 and they would have been out of spec and needed replacement). I'd also try to wheedle a tranny fluid change, but I hear they often fall back to the 'lifetime fluids' line.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 01:29 PM   #4
TMatt
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EB M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
Cabin air filter, if they haven't already replaced it; and push for rotors with the pads (for me they were surprisingly willing to just resurface them, but another .001 and they would have been out of spec and needed replacement). I'd also try to wheedle a tranny fluid change, but I hear they often fall back to the 'lifetime fluids' line.
Thanks! I'll probably get the 55 point inspection and specifically ask about pads and rotors. As for the tranny, I just had my manual tranny replaced like 500 miles ago. It had some bad synchros and started grinding when shifting into third and fourth gear. They replaced it totally under warranty, right in time too cause I'm at 47k right now.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 01:44 PM   #5
morphomeman
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235ix

Garage List
2016 BMW X3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M235ix  [0.00]
They will do the brake work only if there is sufficient wear. BMW is pretty tough about that, so be prepared for disappointment.
It is not in their interest to do any work that is not absolutely required.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 02:13 PM   #6
MetalMK
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphomeman View Post
They will do the brake work only if there is sufficient wear. BMW is pretty tough about that, so be prepared for disappointment.
Do you think they will replace the pads if I attend a track day before the service and bring them the worn pads?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 03:08 PM   #7
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

Best if they are still on the car, doubt they'll replace anything you carry in. My local dealer replaced my totally roached out pads/rotors after a track day, without a word; surprised me b/c I knew it had been sending dire warnings for the whole weekend and I'm sure they knew what was up. I got down to the wear sensors on the track pads day 1, then swapped my stockers in for day 2 and burned them down, so my cpu would have shown many dozens of ABS activations after getting the 'don't drive this' warning. Also surprised me that this didn't put it into limp mode.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2019, 11:34 AM   #8
DaleHeinz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240Xi Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMatt View Post
So my 2016 EB M235i w/ MT is coming up on 50k miles and I'm going to be taking it in for service before the end of the warranty. Are there any specific wear items that I can/should ask them to replace/check? I'm thinking spark plugs (idle is getting a little rough), and maybe brake pads(i know they recently replaced the fluid). Is there anything else I'm not thinking of that they will cover? Thanks
Just had my 50K on my '17 M240Xi done a few weeks back. They included plug replacement in my service. Not sure if that was a dealer perk or a standard BMW USA thing.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2019, 01:14 AM   #9
N55guy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 m235i

Garage List
2014 BMW m235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by morphomeman View Post
Do you think they will replace the pads if I attend a track day before the service and bring them the worn pads?
Tried that when mine was up... didn't work for me
Appreciate 0