THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Lease ending... so I went to buy a Chevy

12-19-2017, 06:51 PM   #23
krhodes1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Wagon

Garage List
2011 128i  [10.00]
2011 BMW 328i Touring  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony235 View Post
SRT has magnetic dampers too. The upgraded brakes (standard on SRT and Daytona) are amazing. They are the huge 2 piece rotors and 6 piston. Some of the best brake feel I've ever felt. Grip levels were huge and the car was very stable. I scared the salesman quite a bit (I'm a 15 year track day guy). As for a road course I think it depends on the track. On a small technical course (like Streets of Willow) I think they battle it out pretty closely. On a big course (like Big Willow) the SRT has the lead the whole time. For pure straight line speed the SRT should pull on a SS with no problem.

I will also make the claim that the SRT is quicker than a stock m235i around Big Willow. I did a 1:33 at Willow with my current setup. I don't doubt a stock SRT pulls that off on the same track.

I just think the Charger pulls off the american muscle car better than the SS and is just a much better overall package. Charger just has that spark that I didn't get with the SS.

Keep in mind I'm talking about the 2015+ Charger. Which is a big update from the previous years.

Damn, makes me want to go get one again. I'm trying to hold onto the BMW until I move in about 18 months. If I move to Vegas the SRT will be back on my list. If I move to Flagstaff, AZ I'll probably end up with a 4x4 to tackle the snow.
Kind of Golden Delicious to McIntosh apples comparison, but I have a Chrysler 300C Platinum with the Hemi this week for a rental, and I have to say it is a mighty impressive bit of kit. Goes like Hell, rides and drives like a Mercedes (definitely NOT like a BMW!). This one has the all-leather everywhere interior and is pretty nice inside. Not exactly sporting, but far nicer than the Cadillacs and the SS, IMHO. And the less said about CUE the better. The GM cars just seem to reek of cheap. Not even remotely my cup of tea, but I can appreciate what it is. Gentleman's rocketship. And given Maine has been colder than a witch's you-know-what while I have been up here, the butt and steering wheel heat have been greatly appreciated! Also surprisingly competent in the snow, even with RWD, a Hemi, and no-season tires. On snows it would be a battle tank.

'11 328! Touring - Tasman on Chestnut, 6spd manual, factory upside-down "i" option
'11 128i Convertible - Space Gray on Savannah Beige, 6spd manual,
also '14 Mercedes-Benz E350 wagon, '95 Land Rover Discovery, '74 Triumph Spitfire
Appreciate 1
      12-20-2017, 09:52 AM   #24
Anthony235
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: m235i

Garage List
2015 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by krhodes1 View Post
Kind of Golden Delicious to McIntosh apples comparison, but I have a Chrysler 300C Platinum with the Hemi this week for a rental, and I have to say it is a mighty impressive bit of kit. Goes like Hell, rides and drives like a Mercedes (definitely NOT like a BMW!). This one has the all-leather everywhere interior and is pretty nice inside. Not exactly sporting, but far nicer than the Cadillacs and the SS, IMHO. And the less said about CUE the better. The GM cars just seem to reek of cheap. Not even remotely my cup of tea, but I can appreciate what it is. Gentleman's rocketship. And given Maine has been colder than a witch's you-know-what while I have been up here, the butt and steering wheel heat have been greatly appreciated! Also surprisingly competent in the snow, even with RWD, a Hemi, and no-season tires. On snows it would be a battle tank.
Keep in mind though that the 300C has the 5.7 hemi and not the 6.4 hemi. If I could get the 300C with the 6.4 I would probably own one by now.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2017, 01:33 PM   #25
19bis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i; 2018 230i

And this thread has exactly what to do with the 2 Series Coupe & Cabriolet?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2017, 01:37 PM   #26
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bis View Post
And this thread has exactly what to do with the 2 Series Coupe & Cabriolet?
And you have exactly how much 2Addicts credibility to post such an admonishment?

(Check the thread's original post, n00b. OP is replacing a leased M235i).

Appreciate 0
      12-20-2017, 01:46 PM   #27
B58togo
Major
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhodes1 View Post
You’re probably comparing the 300C to your 328i. My brother in law has one and although it’s a nice enough car, and pretty comfortable, it’s rather slow from my perspective. A bone stock M235/M240i would embarrass it.
      12-20-2017, 01:51 PM   #28
B58togo
Major
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony235 View Post
Keep in mind though that the 300C has the 5.7 hemi and not the 6.4 hemi. If I could get the 300C with the 6.4 I would probably own one by now.
They did put the 6.4 in the SRT 300 from 2011-2015. That was an upper 12 second car like the six cylinder 2 series.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_300
      12-20-2017, 01:57 PM   #29
Anthony235
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: m235i

Garage List
2015 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by B58togo View Post
They did put the 6.4 in the SRT 300 from 2011-2015. That was an upper 12 second car like the six cylinder 2 series.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_300
Yes, but that was the last gen car (pre-face lift) and the old 6.4.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2017, 02:52 PM   #30
19bis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i; 2018 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
And you have exactly how much 2Addicts credibility to post such an admonishment?

(Check the thread's original post, n00b. OP is replacing a leased M235i).

Wow, I didn't say anything that was personally insulting to anyone. It's disappointing that your first impulse was to resort to bullying.

IME, longevity is a poor predictor of credibility, especially when it comes to interpreting objective standards. Of course, if the standards are "whatever I like" then all bets are off.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2017, 03:03 PM   #31
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bis View Post
Wow, I didn't say anything that was personally insulting to anyone. It's disappointing that your first impulse was to resort to bullying.
My statement was no more insulting than yours regarding the thread's topic and the OP's right to broach it. Your post was plainly a knee-jerk. Please consider the thread's entire context before kicking upwards involuntarily (sic).

Besides: All I did was call you a n00b. Which you are on 2Addicts.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0