THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board yet another "which phone" thread...

12-14-2010, 11:55 AM   #23
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

From friends I've heard that once you start setting your sync times to be ever couple minutes the battery craps out on droids and you cant even get a full days use.

I still firmly believe that at the end of the day, when shit hits the fan, if you just want to do WORK, BB is where its at.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 01:22 PM   #24
PTinVT
armchair enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 340xi, 02 325Cic, 93 850Ci

Wow, more great info, thanks everyone. More to consider:

- iPhone is only available via AT&T in Vermont (my home base), and AT&T coverage is not good up here. I have a friend in the cell biz with an AT&T/iPhone and he tells me others (not on AT&T) tell him that their calls get dropped ONLY while talking to him. He used to manage cellular one up here (which became AT&T wireless up here) and confirms their infrastructure shortcomings.

- I will not be going international, ever. In fact, 90% of my foreseeable trips look like they're only going to involve the Burlington VT airport (free wi-fi!) and Philadelphia.

- Work e-mail will probably remain the primary reason I'm getting a smart phone, and while I like the droid with the slide-out keyboard, I keep hearing Blackberry is best for outlook email and Droids sometimes have issues with it so... I'm leaning in the BB direction now.
'71 Buick Riviera, 455 V8 land yacht
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2010, 09:34 AM   #25
335e92tx
ahat
Rep
Drives: Was '07-335e92 - Now '13-335IS

http://www.cio.com/article/573963/12..._Drive_Us_Nuts

'13 335IS N54 (1 of 373 LeMans Blue out of 3597 total production e92)- Grey interior (1 of 24 in LMB with any trans- 1 of 14 with DCT)-MODS -MFactory LSD/MHD-BQ custom Tune/ATM-IC/AFE Momentum GT Intake/Konis/Mfront&HeimJoint Rear rods&arms/Brembos.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Lo6aHZRo7XqtPkhL8
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2010, 09:46 AM   #26
chinoxs203
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335xi AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335e92tx View Post
Mr. "I Can't Look Away From My BlackBerry"

the Nexus S will be available tomorrow form best buy
http://www.google.com/nexus/#

FOR SALE:
Dropbox - please
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2010, 10:10 AM   #27
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep

Its like when you go to the bar. You see all those pretty little underage girls with fake IDs. Sure they look good. Sure, you'd like to use them and play with them once. But when shit hits the fan and you need to have a real conversation, you prefer a lady with some class and substance. iphone = prostatot. bb=woman.

BB TIME.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2010, 11:29 AM   #28
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinoxs203 View Post
Mr. "I Can't Look Away From My BlackBerry"

the Nexus S will be available tomorrow form best buy
http://www.google.com/nexus/#
The Nexus S is underwhelming and undeserving of the Nexus moniker.

It's just an SGS with a couple added features and Gingerbread, nothing more. I mean, the SGS is an excellent phone (I have one), definitely a screamer and one of the best options on the market right now, but I was hoping for such bigger things from Google's next baby. This is underwhelming at best. The only good part about it is that I'm glad it was Samsung and not HTC, as the Gingerbread source should be hitting the developer scene and ROMs/Kernels for my Captivate should be coming along within a reasonable time period...

Kinda shitty that Gingerbread is out on a Samsung phone before we officially got FroYo on the Captivate. There's something wrong with that (looking at YOU AT&T). Of course, Samsung is infamous for dragging their feet on updates, so I'm not really surprised.

That being said, is the Nexus S the best Android phone on the market? I think so. Should it have been way better? Most definitely.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2010, 11:40 AM   #29
turb0
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: g05 x5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
The Nexus S is underwhelming and undeserving of the Nexus moniker.

It's just an SGS with a couple added features and Gingerbread, nothing more. I mean, the SGS is an excellent phone (I have one), definitely a screamer and one of the best options on the market right now, but I was hoping for such bigger things from Google's next baby. This is underwhelming at best. The only good part about it is that I'm glad it was Samsung and not HTC, as the Gingerbread source should be hitting the developer scene and ROMs/Kernels for my Captivate should be coming along within a reasonable time period...

Kinda shitty that Gingerbread is out on a Samsung phone before we officially got FroYo on the Captivate. There's something wrong with that (looking at YOU AT&T). Of course, Samsung is infamous for dragging their feet on updates, so I'm not really surprised.

That being said, is the Nexus S the best Android phone on the market? I think so. Should it have been way better? Most definitely.

+1. I have the Nexus One and after seeing the N1S, I am very disappointed. It is a good phone, but compared to the market, it is nothing special. Unlike when the Nexus One first came out, the Nexus One S isn't even worth the upgrade.

I think a dual core android phone is supposed to be out Q1 of 2011- going to wait for that to come to upgrade
e92 JB/CR 335 // CF GTR Hood // CF HM Splittters // CF Ericcsson Trunk // CF HM Quad Diffuser // Shadowline Trim // Matte Black 19" Vortex VT996 // JB Reflectors // Black Grills // 20% Tint // JB3 2.0 // DCI
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2010, 02:22 PM   #30
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep

The original Nexus is still a sweet phone.
Appreciate 0