THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics F23 rear speaker replacement issue

05-07-2020, 11:36 AM   #1
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep
Drives: M240xi 'Vert

I was trying to install the SmartTop module as well as the BAVSOUND speakers for my convertible and in trying to open convertible lock panel, I broke the flex circuit. Here are the pictures where I pushing the top lock manually.

What is that even for? It is not on the other side.

What's my solution at this point? Thanks in advance!

(Even stranger thing is that everything with the top is working fine!)

Here is the wiring diagram:

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...ule/1VnYWO6Pav

Seems like this is the S35 module on the left hand side of the wiring diagram? The one with the LIN?

There are no codes.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 04:22 PM   #2
pmcmtnbkr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

That could be temporary bypassed if you can find the other end. You can pm me and I can talk you through it its a lot to type, and you would need some basic electronics tools like a soldering iron and a steady hand. I am.not sure what it does but it can be made to work until a replacement can be obtained.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 04:30 PM   #3
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcmtnbkr View Post
That could be temporary bypassed if you can find the other end. You can pm me and I can talk you through it its a lot to type, and you would need some basic electronics tools like a soldering iron and a steady hand. I am.not sure what it does but it can be made to work until a replacement can be obtained.
Oh thank you! The funny thing is that everything is working absolutely fine. All the switch blocks, rain sensors, rear shield heating elements etc. the top is working fine and the locks are working fine.

I am absolutely baffled at what this is. It is on the opposite side of the antenna so I don't think it is that either.

I see the flex circuit running UNDER the convertible lock installation and not going anywhere beyond that, as in I can remove the entire convertible top locking assembly and see the flex circuit underneath it. WTF. This is an antenna of sorts? I think? The convertible top lock is working fine. So at this point I am more curious than anything else. What is this?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 06:16 PM   #4
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...m/65209277818/

Seems like this part of the antenna amplifier assembly
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 06:28 PM   #5
pmcmtnbkr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimBimM2 View Post

that would make sense if everything works. So if you leave it as is you might have radio of satellite radio reception. Unfortunately its quite expensive so does this thing flex and move when you raise and lower the top
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 06:45 PM   #6
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimBimM2 View Post

that would make sense if everything works. So if you leave it as is you might have radio of satellite radio reception. Unfortunately its quite expensive so does this thing flex and move when you raise and lower the top
Yes so the flex circuit is sticking out. I have removed the connector so that it doesn't get in the way of the latch mechanism.

The way I look at it, I haven't turned to radio of any sort in more than 15 years. It went out for me just like cable did... so am I going to miss the FM amplifier? Nope

However I have ordered the part; who knows someday wife would like to "tune in" for nostalgia's sake haha
Appreciate 0