THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics BMW Connected Drive "no connection"

05-05-2020, 10:50 PM   #1
grocerylist
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Garage List
2016 BMW M235i  [0.00]
BMW Connected Drive "no connection"

Hey,
I had my car at an suspension/alignment shop the other day and on the way home I noticed I had an error on the dash next to the tach and then noticed that my split screen on idrive wasn't working and was showing "no connection". I can't imagine suspension work would have somehow disconnected something resulting in me losing the 3g/4g BMW cellular connection.

I went into idrive where previously I remember being able to see my subscription info but now it seems that I can't access this to see if my subscription is expired. I didn't find anything after searching the forums here but when googling I came across some old posts in the past where people that said BMW servers were down for maintenance or other issues.

Has anyone encountered this? I know my factory warranty expired April 29th and have CPO till next year but CPO isn't going to cover this if it needs to go in to fix this and I'm not sure it'd be worth taking it in for silly connected drive apps like weather, etc.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 04:35 AM   #2
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Your ConnectDrive subscription has expired, you have to renew it to recover the lost features and to use the any of the BMW APPs..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 09:44 AM   #3
grocerylist
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M235i  [0.00]
If that's really the problem how would you renew your subscription?

Last night I tried to login to BMW Connected drive on my computer. It said it sent my car a code for authentication but since I have no connection, my car can't receive it and I can't authenticate.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 01:36 PM   #4
grocerylist
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M235i  [0.00]
So I called BMW and they confirmed that the ConnectedDrive service has lapsed. They said I have to send in a copy of my title to to open an account.

As I've got Carplay and Android Auto, I don't see the point in paying $100/year for silly apps and traffic data. I'm wondering if there's a way to remove the error on the gauge cluster so I can know when there are real problems that need to be addressed. Or are there actually any good reasons to pay for connected drive?
Appreciate 0