THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes Getting crazy with brakes vibration

10-15-2023, 11:34 AM   #1
riccfrago
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F22 MSport

Getting crazy with brakes vibration

Hi everyone, I'm new on this forum and I'm writing here for a problem that afflicts my F22 MSport (2016, 90.000 km) for 6 months. Everything started after I hit a big road bump that i didn't see at about 50kmh so my car bounced over it bending the two rear wheels.
Car was undriveable for the vibratons, and after I fixed my 2 rims it's back as before. After 5-6 month from the incident, my brakes started to vibrate strangely. When I start the car, the first braking are ok, after that it starts to vibrate and I feel the vibration only on the seat, no steering or pedal vibration, for this reason is hard to define if the problem is on the front or rear. The feeling is like a warped wheel, but only when applying the brake. I checked the rotors runout and it's ok (under 0.1mm), and there doesn't appear to be a locked caliper piston.
Also, the vibration is strong and worrying if I do a soft brake in the highway, but if I apply more force on the pedal it seems to disappear.
I replaced and bled the brake fluid and I already changed 2 times my rotors spending lot of moneys, but the problem comes out after about 500 miles, so I'm getting crazy!! .
A part this problem, I also notice a little vibration on my seat when I'm going on highway from 120 to 140kmh, more evident on downhill road, like an unbalanced wheel. Believe me, I checked my wheel balancing in 5 tire shops and everyone told me that my wheels are perfect.
I checked all the steering and suspension arms and also the wheel bearings and there's no play. The only suspect is on the control arm, I know it causes symptoms like mine. Even if moving the control arm by hand i don't feel any play, moving the wheel it seems to be there a little 'flabby', as on the attached video.
Please help me telling if you ever rescountred a similiar problem, and if based on your experience, this wheel play is normal or not.
Thanks a lot, have a nice day!

I share iCloud links because it exceeds size limit:
https://share.icloud.com/photos/05b5...W1MuffFAVLWQlQ
https://share.icloud.com/photos/030p...skm_XzXUHu30UA
https://share.icloud.com/photos/003j...iLTTH1-PIZqKjw
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2023, 07:02 PM   #2
jb-slow
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m235i

Is the other side tighter or the same?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2023, 07:11 PM   #3
riccfrago
Registered
Rep

Hard to say with precision, maybe seems a little tighter but there’s not so much difference.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2023, 02:56 PM   #4
marcthedark
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i xdrive Convertible

Hunter Roadforce balanced?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2023, 05:17 AM   #5
riccfrago
Registered
Rep

No at the moment, I don't know any tire dealers with that equipment near where I live. I'll try to make a round of calls to find someone who has that type of balancer, perhaps in the BMW garage?
Any thoughts about the brakes? Is it possible that they only deform when hot?
Appreciate 0