THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes Alignment Trouble 2021 M240i Xdrive

08-04-2023, 07:08 PM   #1
Calorie
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 M240i

Alignment Trouble 2021 M240i Xdrive

Hello, I'm new here and pretty inexperienced, so please excuse my ignorance.

Car was bought new in 2021, 24k kms. Edmonton, Canada.
Recently noticed the car was starting to drift to the right when on the highways. Took it into the BMW dealership to do an alignment (was surprised that it was time for this so soon, but I guess we do have terrible roads here). Anyway, they charged me $340 and I notice it hardly changed - still pulls to the right.

Kind of feel like I got shafted and not sure what to do. Any advice is appreciated. Below is the alignment geometry for reference.

Thank you.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 08:16 PM   #2
O Stater
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Take it back and let them know it still pulls and you want them to do it again. hopefully you put it on a credit card! if they dont fix it, dispute the charge then take it to a good alignment shop that specializes in alignments. I have found that often the newbies get the alignment duty at dealerships and they can't think beyond the manual. Alignment shops know the best settings and will set them there despite the manual if need be. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2023, 10:40 PM   #3
Calorie
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 M240i

Thanks for the advice! I took it back and they did a tire rotation and another alignment...
Still pulls to the right and I can't tell if some minor pull to the right is normal. I've read that road crown and veering off the road in case you fall asleep are common factors, but not sure to what extent these should be noticeable. Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2023, 04:30 PM   #4
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

The after alignment looks good.

When you said tire rotation, did they simply swap the front to the rear or left to right? How are your tires? Tires could cause a car to pull as well, no matter how dead on the alignment is.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2023, 03:45 AM   #5
TTR M240i
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 M240i

Also check (when cold) that your tyre pressure is the same.
Pulling right or left for that matter could also be brake and suspension related.
Appreciate 0