THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Help needed: Bought Powered Sub for Trunk (kicker Substation)

03-16-2016, 01:51 PM   #1
shadyru
Rep
Drives: M235i

Help needed: Bought Powered Sub for Trunk (kicker Substation)

I have the PP82dsp so will be hooking up the rca's to the subwoofer out on the PP82dsp
But so far I have purchased
http://www.kicker.com/substation
http://www.amazon.com/KnuKonceptz-Ko.../dp/B0058OENJ2

I have never installed an amp besides the PP82dsp.

Has anyone installed something similiar to what Im doing? Any instructions out there on how to run the cables? Im hoping this wouldnt be too difficult so any help would be awesome!

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 02:20 PM   #2
Grave
Private
France
Rep
Drives: 220D M-Sport

you have a manual with all instructions

From your ppsp you need the two RCA and remote amp see your Audiotec notice

With your amazon purchase pick +12v from battery and dont forget the fuse. take a mass screw in the trunk (not direcly from battery)

Then you need to adapt your PPSP with a PC to get front signal to RCA output in IO section then apply a low pass filter to these output.

The good thing your sub has only two connectors so it's easy to put it out of the car.

The bad thing : trunk is well encapduled so a 10 sub will not provide many more bass than two good subs under the seats (not OEM) and it takes a lot of place in a small trunk.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 06:30 PM   #3
jetvet
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i xDrive

Garage List
I installed a 12" JL Audio powered sub and I'm pretty pleased with the sound and it didn't take up that much room. I had it facing the rear seats so I may spin it around facing rearward as I do get some very slight rattles on certain songs (I listen to hard rock/progressive rock).

Here's a couple pics of where to run the power and ground wires. I looked at the manual for your sub and you shouldn't need to run the "REM" or remote turn-on wire and rather just set the amp auto turn on to "audio".

Like Grave said, just run the power, ground and RCA outputs from the Bimmertech amp to the sub input harness and you should be good to go.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1