THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Non-Tech Package M235i - No Bluetooth Music Streaming??

03-25-2016, 06:58 PM   #23
rezilient
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mywifes335 View Post
Thanks man. Maybe I'll try it. But I'm barely tech savvy enough to run the JB4 software...
It's a piece of cake, and the good folks on here are always helpful. When you buy the cable it came with good instructions as well.

You have a JB4 tune? So it's easy to install? If I may ask How do you like it and what made you choose JB4 among the others like RaceChip?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2016, 07:14 PM   #24
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 FBO M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezilient View Post
It's a piece of cake, and the good folks on here are always helpful. When you buy the cable it came with good instructions as well.

You have a JB4 tune? So it's easy to install? If I may ask How do you like it and what made you choose JB4 among the others like RaceChip?
Cool. I'll check into it more then. Was scared I'd code the car all messed up.

Yup I've got JB4. It was kind of a pain to install because of the EWG plug.

I chose the JB4 because I had experienced the JB products with my previous N54. Plus, I wanted the flexibility to run meth and have a system to control it without running a separate computer. I like the datalogging capability and race fuel/flex fuel options too. Finally, it's a necessary component if you want to run big turbo down the road. I just picked up a BMS meth kit and my next step is to get the Enzo tune and Pure stage 2 turbo. Although that is still up in the air if I can get another car sooner. Different story.

The JB4 might not get you the MOST power but it's versatile and it'll be enough if you're not looking for 400whp. With meth, I hope to run 365-375whp on a mustang dyno.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2016, 07:18 PM   #25
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep

Is this the cable? Or did you buy it elsewhere?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/OBD2-ENET-Ethe...320?nav=SEARCH
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2016, 06:47 AM   #26
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT Mineral White M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mywifes335 View Post
Is this the cable? Or did you buy it elsewhere?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/OBD2-ENET-Ethe...320?nav=SEARCH
That's the one I bought. Works perfectly and shipped quickly. The instructions that you're sent are pretty accurate, but I learned more from the video in the first post of the cheatsheet thread here in the coding subforum. Without context a lot of what he sent me wouldn't have made much sense. Also, the files he linked are out of date. At least they were for me. I just asked for links to the latest pzd files in the cheatsheet thread as well.

Really the first post in the cheatcode thread has everything you need. Especially when you grab the easy coding file. It's just a matter of clicking at that point. Check out the last vid in the cheatsheet post that I've referenced.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2016, 07:37 AM   #27
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep

Cool. Good tips. I was going through the files and I got lost fast. Guess I have to watch the vids.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2016, 10:55 PM   #28
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beartato View Post
Reminds me of how the car comes with Sirius XM and a free year subscription but it cost almost $600 to have it activated, even though the hardware is there.
Wait, what? It cost me exactly zero dollars.
Appreciate 0