THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Odd Instance in Heavy Rain ('16 228i xDrive)

05-24-2021, 08:15 AM   #1
CallMeDan_Thanks
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 228i xDrive

Exclamation Odd Instance in Heavy Rain ('16 228i xDrive)

Hey everyone!

Spent the weekend putting in the VRSF Catless Downpipe and got everything bolted together nicely, then went into Bootmod3 and tuned it up to Stage2 93. Everything was running well during the weekend while it was nice.

Fast forward to this morning and I thought everything unraveled itself. The sky opened up and it started to pour pretty heavily. It sounded like the entire exhaust system was rattling up against my car or the downpipe completely disconnected itself from the engine or from the midpipe. I have never heard or felt anything like it. Then about 5 miles up the street the rain had stopped and everything went back to normal.

Anyone else experience anything like this? Any thoughts? I can try to be more specific I just don't really know how to explain it as I was freaking out a bit.

Mods:
VRSF Catless Downpipe
FTP Boost Pipe
VRSF Charge Pipe
VRSF HD Intercooler
Bootmod3 Stage 2 93
Ingen Air Intake
Muffler Delete
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 09:38 PM   #2
Dvtchmxn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 440ix, '16 228ix (Sold)

Garage List
Have you checked if there are any weak points within your system that water could get through? or if your pipes are secured properly, cause I had a beater car a few years back and the exhaust system wasn't sitting right and whenever we went through rain it sounded like the whole thing was gonna fall off
Appreciate 0