THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Valvetronic exhaust for M235i

01-10-2022, 04:11 PM   #1
sl0w_N55
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Bmw M235i x-drive

Valvetronic exhaust for M235i

I see that the brand 'Valvetronic' has a axleback/muffler option for m235i/m240i but have not heard of or seen anyone running one on these forums? Does anyone have a review on this exhaust and possibly know how it compares to either the dinan muffler or awe axleback?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 04:51 PM   #2
714BMW
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M235 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl0w_N55 View Post
I see that the brand 'Valvetronic' has a axleback/muffler option for m235i/m240i but have not heard of or seen anyone running one on these forums? Does anyone have a review on this exhaust and possibly know how it compares to either the dinan muffler or awe axleback?
Quote:
Hey man, felt I could pitch in as I have been running a valvetronic axleback for a few months now.

Can't say much about how it compares to Dinan or AWE since the only other N55's i know near me are running MPE or muffler deletes.

I will say, however, that the valvetronic was a game changer for me. Now when I just had the axleback it was maybe a 10-20 percent audible increase on par with an MPE. Gives you a nice deep growl but isn't loud enough to warrant too much attention. It uses the OEM valve harness and uses it's own valve. The axle back splits into 2 exhaust pipes. Left side has a muffler and right side only has a valve. When valve is closed air is diverted to the muffler, and when it's open it goes right through the pipe with open valve as a sort of muffler delete. Sounds way better though.

Since it works with OEM valve programming, in comfort mode it'll stay closed until roughly 3.5k RPM's where it'll open. In Sport/Sport+ it'll stay open but I've heard under some conditions it closes slightly. I use an OBD VEEPEAK adapter to manually open/close valves right on my phone when I want to.

Now for me being 19 it wasn't quite loud enough haha. I threw in a VRSF Catless downpipe and that's where I knew the money was well worth it. Nearly as quiet as stock (measured at 85dbs closed valves) which is 10 under the 95db limit in California. And when it's open valves you'll hear more turbo spool and the exhaust noise is amazing. Very night and day difference with valves open/closed.

Keeps the neighbors happy as I have not had one complaint in a quiet neighborhood and no cop problems unlike my last car since I can close the valves and be instantly quiet around the cops. I'd strongly recommend even for the kinda steep price as long as you pair it with a downpipe. If not going past an axleback I'd look elsewhere.

I have some exhaust clips showing the noise difference in closed/open valves with the axleback only on my Instagram as well as when I did the catless downpipe.

@M235.eye in case you wanted to see.

Best Regards,

JM
      01-11-2022, 09:38 AM   #3
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 714BMW View Post
Hey man, felt I could pitch in as I have been running a valvetronic axleback for a few months now.

Can't say much about how it compares to Dinan or AWE since the only other N55's i know near me are running MPE or muffler deletes.

I will say, however, that the valvetronic was a game changer for me. Now when I just had the axleback it was maybe a 10-20 percent audible increase on par with an MPE. Gives you a nice deep growl but isn't loud enough to warrant too much attention. It uses the OEM valve harness and uses it's own valve. The axle back splits into 2 exhaust pipes. Left side has a muffler and right side only has a valve. When valve is closed air is diverted to the muffler, and when it's open it goes right through the pipe with open valve as a sort of muffler delete. Sounds way better though.

Since it works with OEM valve programming, in comfort mode it'll stay closed until roughly 3.5k RPM's where it'll open. In Sport/Sport+ it'll stay open but I've heard under some conditions it closes slightly. I use an OBD VEEPEAK adapter to manually open/close valves right on my phone when I want to.

Now for me being 19 it wasn't quite loud enough haha. I threw in a VRSF Catless downpipe and that's where I knew the money was well worth it. Nearly as quiet as stock (measured at 85dbs closed valves) which is 10 under the 95db limit in California. And when it's open valves you'll hear more turbo spool and the exhaust noise is amazing. Very night and day difference with valves open/closed.

Keeps the neighbors happy as I have not had one complaint in a quiet neighborhood and no cop problems unlike my last car since I can close the valves and be instantly quiet around the cops. I'd strongly recommend even for the kinda steep price as long as you pair it with a downpipe. If not going past an axleback I'd look elsewhere.

I have some exhaust clips showing the noise difference in closed/open valves with the axleback only on my Instagram as well as when I did the catless downpipe.

@M235.eye in case you wanted to see.

Best Regards,

JM
Thank you for the feedback :thumbs-up:

I can vouch for Valvetronic quality and sound. We have been offering their exhaust for a few months and its all been good feedback so far

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 03:51 AM   #4
sl0w_N55
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Bmw M235i x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Thank you for the feedback :thumbs-up:

I can vouch for Valvetronic quality and sound. We have been offering their exhaust for a few months and its all been good feedback so far
Great to hear! Just placed my order a few hours ago through your website.

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 09:24 AM   #5
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Great to hear! Just placed my order a few hours ago through your website.

Congrats

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0