THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Windows down, in nice weather, it sounds GLORIOUS.

09-23-2020, 07:23 AM   #1
sensormatic
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 F87

Cool Windows down, in nice weather, it sounds GLORIOUS.

Initially, I had no plans on doing anything with the rear exhaust after I installed Fabspeed's Sport Cat Down Pipe. However, I was so satisfied with the DP, I decided to give the Muffler Bypass a shot. Admittedly, you won't see any performance gains with this product, but you do lose some weight (I believe around 14lbs?) and the sound you get is more than worth it! Once again, in terms of build quality, no concerns or issues. The look of the exhaust- I think it looks great. Initially, when I first saw it on the car, I was a bit hesitant. I thought the pipes were a bit large, and extended out a bit too much. But I quickly realized that was not the case, and I really really like the brushed stainless look. Now the most important quality to an aftermarket exhaust is...the sound (IMO). So... the one thing to note about the muffler bypass is, that on initial startup, particularly cold starts, the thing is LOUD. Like rattle the rear view mirror, wake up sleeping kids loud. However, for whatever reason, after about 10 seconds after startup, the exhausts quiets down SIGNIFICANTLY. After this point, I think the exhaust sounds FANTASTIC. While the DP increases the amount of "burbles", the Muffler Bypass exhaust amplifies the volume of the burbles and all the other good sounds this car naturally makes. Windows down, in nice weather, it sounds GLORIOUS. Seriously.
Appreciate 2
123Britt287.00
koston37.00