THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning blip throttle underhood?

09-16-2020, 07:28 PM   #1
ggggbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 Manual

blip throttle underhood?

OK, maybe a dumb question. I was recently looking at something under the hood, and realized there is no way to 'blip' the throttle, because there is no throttle plate. On other 'drive-by-wire' gas pedal cars I've had, they still had a throttle plate linkage on the throttle body, and you could manipulate the angle of the plate. But there is no throttle body on our cars.

Or am I missing something?

Kind of handy to be able to play with the RPM's while watching belts or listening for odd sounds.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 11:06 AM   #2
Liandri
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Not possible. The throttle body is a backup as bmw (and certain other mfgs) use variable valve lift to control throttle. Even if the throttle body is primarily used, no drive by wire actuators currently in production (that I know of) have a manual 'override'. You can however command throttle increase with a competent scan tool (if you really need to)
Appreciate 0