THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics B58 (M240i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning DINANTRONICS Elite V2 for the BMW B58

03-20-2020, 07:43 AM   #23
subzero05
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooolone2 View Post
All of these tunes are lots of smoke n mirrors ...

I have yet seen one advertisement stating exactly what the parameters are that they're changing and only mention HP/TQ. Can't say what the fuel ratio/rpms are, or Timing settings. Transmission changes if any...

Scary if not knowing what AFR they're setting the tune to... Because that is what'll ruin your engine! Stock they run lean enough... But yeah, be happy with what HP they tell you you'll get.
is this because you are a consummate flash tune person and have actually never installed a piggyback? . There are plenty of supporting facts out there boxes work quite well and the fact is at somepoint these units will be more mainstream as tuning continues to become more and more difficult to crack and longer for companies to get anything on the market. Companies like Dinan, RaceChip, Burger and others are quite successful at what they do and if they didn't know what they were doing do you really think any of them would still be in business? just sayin'
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 06:50 AM   #24
USA-RET
Captain
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue M240i

I had every intention of keeping my .v1 Elite and then go with their flash tune. Then I ruminated that if I got the flash tune and started having CEL's or other issues down the road, what do I do? My car would be out of warranty (as a 2017), and I'm not comfortable messing with programing my car's computer believing I could screw something up and "brick" the unit.

I have been around long enough to experience a simple 10 minute job turn into a 5 hour ordeal and then having to hire someone to complete the project. Last project that comes to mind was a simple cartridge replacement for my Moen kitchen faucet.

Not wanting to gamble with my $50K+ investment. Naturally, everyone has their own comfort levels for projects, so I make no judgements.

I bought the Dinan .v1 because it was supported and their products had a reputation of trouble free operation. Mine (and more than a few other .v1 owners) had issues and the .v1 was replaced with the .v2 by Dinan (which works fine, was hassle-free) and all work done by my BMW dealership @ no charge to me.

I am comfortable going forward, knowing at least with a piggyback module, if I have an issue, I can take the unit off and have a stock and operational car without any problems.
Appreciate 2
WolfGTI688.50
Mehim76.50
      03-27-2020, 10:23 AM   #25
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA-RET View Post
I had every intention of keeping my .v1 Elite and then go with their flash tune. Then I ruminated that if I got the flash tune and started having CEL's or other issues down the road, what do I do? My car would be out of warranty (as a 2017), and I'm not comfortable messing with programing my car's computer believing I could screw something up and "brick" the unit.

I have been around long enough to experience a simple 10 minute job turn into a 5 hour ordeal and then having to hire someone to complete the project. Last project that comes to mind was a simple cartridge replacement for my Moen kitchen faucet.

Not wanting to gamble with my $50K+ investment. Naturally, everyone has their own comfort levels for projects, so I make no judgements.

I bought the Dinan .v1 because it was supported and their products had a reputation of trouble free operation. Mine (and more than a few other .v1 owners) had issues and the .v1 was replaced with the .v2 by Dinan (which works fine, was hassle-free) and all work done by my BMW dealership @ no charge to me.

I am comfortable going forward, knowing at least with a piggyback module, if I have an issue, I can take the unit off and have a stock and operational car without any problems.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 11:22 PM   #26
misguided_will
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 340i M Sport

i have the v1 and its great. have only done a few hundred kms with it but it seems pretty strong and smooth.

i had the dinansports and bluespark on previously. the bluespark gave a bit more than the dinansports but i really felt the difference with the elite v1. im pretty happy with it.

QN: if adding a downpipe do i need to go with a flash or will the elite be ok still?
      05-29-2020, 03:53 AM   #27
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep
Drives: M240xi 'Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooolone2 View Post
All of these tunes are lots of smoke n mirrors ...

I have yet seen one advertisement stating exactly what the parameters are that they're changing and only mention HP/TQ. Can't say what the fuel ratio/rpms are, or Timing settings. Transmission changes if any...

Scary if not knowing what AFR they're setting the tune to... Because that is what'll ruin your engine! Stock they run lean enough... But yeah, be happy with what HP they tell you you'll get.
Why did you have to break the Dinan circle-jerk?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 09:11 AM   #28
subzero05
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335

the Dinantronics V2 works perfectly fine if you want a piggyback solution.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 11:49 AM   #29
Throttlesteer14
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 M240 ix, 14 Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimBimM2 View Post
I hate all modifications. They'll make my car go boom and catch COVID. Wait, don't BMWs do that on their own magically at 60k anyway??

FAKE NEWS!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 04:24 PM   #30
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep
Drives: M240xi 'Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlesteer14 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimBimM2 View Post
I hate all modifications. They'll make my car go boom and catch COVID. Wait, don't BMWs do that on their own magically at 60k anyway??

FAKE NEWS!
Thanks for laugh

But seriously, on a different note, I don't think we have data enough to gauge how tuned OG B58s in our cars will stand the test of time. There are very few B58s tipping the 70k mark on the road. Wasn't it first introduced in 2016?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 05:48 PM   #31
Throttlesteer14
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 M240 ix, 14 Cayman S

Yep, fair call. I was just thinking this the other day, since one of the often-repeated forum stories is how BMWs all go sideways at 60,000 miles. I would expect to see a lot of 2017 MY M240is hit that number the end of this year.

It's anyone's guess, but I'm thinking it's more like the mythical Porsche IMS bearing story being blown out of proportion. Car forums have a way of doing that.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 08:43 AM   #32
efrant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i xDrive

Hey guys, if I want to install the bypass plug on my v2, do I need to disconnect the battery, or can I do it without disconnecting it? Thanks.

And for those that use xHP and/or xDelete, do you have to install the v2 bypass plug each time before doing an xHP or xDelete flash?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 08:54 PM   #33
AleksanderSuave
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240iX Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by efrant View Post
Hey guys, if I want to install the bypass plug on my v2, do I need to disconnect the battery, or can I do it without disconnecting it? Thanks.

And for those that use xHP and/or xDelete, do you have to install the v2 bypass plug each time before doing an xHP or xDelete flash?
you can install bypass plug without disconnecting battery. I would still do this after the car has been off for a while but I guess thats just better safe than sorry.

As for XHP...you should have no relation between that and the dinan piggyback. They dont interact at all
Appreciate 1
efrant0.00
      06-21-2020, 09:31 PM   #34
efrant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleksanderSuave View Post
you can install bypass plug without disconnecting battery. I would still do this after the car has been off for a while but I guess thats just better safe than sorry.
Thanks.

Quote:
As for XHP...you should have no relation between that and the dinan piggyback. They dont interact at all
Thanks. Just wanted to make sure it was ok to flash xHP while having my v2 plugged in, because the company says to disconnect all piggybacks before flashing either xHP or xDelete.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 12:47 PM   #35
AleksanderSuave
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by efrant View Post
Thanks.

Thanks. Just wanted to make sure it was ok to flash xHP while having my v2 plugged in, because the company says to disconnect all piggybacks before flashing either xHP or xDelete.
I would go with their instruction on that then.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 12:51 PM   #36
efrant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
you can install bypass plug without disconnecting battery.
Have you done this personally?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 03:31 PM   #37
AleksanderSuave
Lieutenant
Rep

Yes, multiple times now.
Appreciate 1
efrant0.00