THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Spring Booster (steering response reprogramming)

06-10-2020, 10:04 AM   #1
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep
Drives: M240xi 'Vert

Spring Booster (steering response reprogramming)

While gawking at the ECS website I came across a strange device for our cars. I have never actually heard of anything like this for our chassis but it seems like a good concept?

It is a plug and play device called "Spring Booster" (really shitty name, if you ask me).

Does anyone have any experience tuning/reprogramming the drive-by-wire steering components of our cars?

Better yet has anyone used this silly little thing?i am assuming it may help with making the steering tighter and more responsive, if it actually does something.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2020, 10:56 AM   #2
aerobod
Car Geek
Rep
Drives: Caterham R500, M2-G87, Macan S

All the Sprint Booster does is remap the throttle curve, nothing to do with the steering. It just changes the relationship between the actual throttle position and the throttle position value sent to the ECU. If it is adjusted to make the throttle "more responsive", the same effect can be achieved by pushing the throttle further.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2020, 11:13 AM   #3
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep
Drives: M240xi 'Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobod View Post
All the Sprint Booster does is remap the throttle curve, nothing to do with the steering. It just changes the relationship between the actual throttle position and the throttle position value sent to the ECU. If it is adjusted to make the throttle "more responsive", the same effect can be achieved by pushing the throttle further.
Oh. God.

Funny story Aerobod, and I am going to leave this post here as comic relief for everyone who drops by... I was looking at an entirely different product description, while having this product's page open in my phone browser. Then, I took a screenshot, and confused the two.

This is a very very different product.

You are absolutely correct; this is all about throttle response nothing to do with steering.

This is my internet shame people. Laugh.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2020, 05:49 PM   #4
PDM5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 240i 6 Speed

Boo this man!! Booo!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
MLJR235116.50