THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum JB4 Not Reading Correctly on 2014 M235i Manual

11-06-2020, 11:04 PM   #1
RobTracy
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 Bmw m235i

JB4 Not Reading Correctly on 2014 M235i Manual

Hello,

I am having an issue where the jb4 is either not reading correctly AFR was reading 22 while rolling into it and low pressure fuel pump was not reading. Car was not breaking up, lean popping , or doing anything weird. Idled and drove fine just putting it around.

Today I installed bms charge pipe, vsfr intercooler, bms intake, one step colder plugs, and jb4 ewg. After installing the JB4 I noticed there was a plug still free. I have 4 plugs in the engine bay and one obd 2 plug to the cabin.

I have watched a couple videos and noticed no one else has any free plugs. Can confirm I plugged in fuel rail plug, map sensor, the rainbow plug, and obd 2 port plug. For my free plug I plugged it into the IAC sensor on the air intake.

I am thinking I either got a PWG jb4 or installed the jb4 wrong even through I triple checked everything. Any ideas?

UPDATE: I learned that when you let off the throttle AFR gauge will get overloaded and will max out. Also found out that plug is for EWG plug somewhere in the motor. Car is now pretty quick in map 2 and I unplugged the EWG plug and plugged back in the MAF sensor

Last edited by RobTracy; 11-07-2020 at 12:09 AM..
Appreciate 0