THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Failing flywheel?

04-03-2021, 07:54 AM   #23
1more1
Private
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT EB

Just came to say my car was doing this a lot yesterday! Hopefully it goes away. The rear main seal leak comment is making me sweat.

My 128i also did this.

Edit: Next drive after it cooled the problem was totally gone. Been totally fine the last few drives.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2021, 10:31 AM   #24
dalderks
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Thanks OP and everyone that posted here. It's nice to know I'm not alone (or a complete noob lol)
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2021, 12:40 PM   #25
designatedposter
Captain
Rep
Drives: m235i

i have not had this problem since i replaced my clutch and did CDV delete at the same time. Note that a CDV delete forces a clutch bleed, so that's the first step i would take, then CDV delete. hopefully this saves you from opening up the transmission.
      08-05-2022, 10:13 PM   #26
Sharpie36
Private
Rep
Drives: F22 228i 6MT slicktop

Just chiming in here because I just started experiencing this same issue. 1st and 2nd gear have always been weird in this car (228i with 6MT) but I got used to it and the vague feeling clutch pedal. Got the shifting down pretty smooth after a couple weeks.

Now after owning the car a year, just rolled over 80k miles. Drive it very gently, never abuse it, don't launch, etc. Summer is hitting peak temps and I'm having shuddering off 1st or 2nd - randomly it seems. Zero slip on the rolling 3/4th gear acceleration, even uphill in sport or sport+. My initial thought was also clutch failure, but given the low miles and how well I've treated it... nothing makes sense.

I think I'll also try the CDV delete and flush the fluid. Annoying as hell, I love pretty much everything about the car.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 05:13 PM   #27
Sharpie36
Private
Rep
Drives: F22 228i 6MT slicktop

Removed the CDV this morning before the mid-day heat hit, flushed the line, and took it for a drive. Let me just say that valve is OFFENSIVELY undersized lol.

I get that nobody does their own work anymore and they did this to likely minimize warranty work but good lord! The car does feel massively improved with the removal of this literal pinhole obstruction. You can drive the car slow smoothly, you can drive it hard if you want to, and the shifts just happen the way you expect them to.

For anyone who does this, completely ignore the tach on your first drive. Just drive it by feel like you would any other "new to you" manual car and you should be much happier. Here's a picture for size reference:

Last edited by Sharpie36; 08-08-2022 at 09:03 AM..
Appreciate 1
MLJR235116.50