THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Tracking / Autocrossing Suspension Problems

06-18-2015, 09:47 AM   #23
Pparana
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

Well anyway you cut it, these cars transfer huge loads onto the suspension. More than I have seen on most if any car. The sway bars will help. I am pulling my camber plates (Kmak) to inspect after about 1800 track miles. I have had the sway bars in for the same amount of time.

I will let you know how they look and take some photos. They are the stage 2, and much more robust than the GC ones. They made some noise for about 500 miles and that was it.

Ketema,

when you get the kw shocks with plates in, can you take some photos of the plate. I am interested to see how they designed them.

One things for sure, if they will fail Ketema will have it happen. Only guy I have seen run an entire tank of gas, turn his calipers black and have Pagids heat fade in one track session. Needless to say this guy drives hard.
Appreciate 1
      06-18-2015, 10:00 AM   #24
Liquidpaper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pparana View Post
Well anyway you cut it, these cars transfer huge loads onto the suspension. More than I have seen on most if any car. The sway bars will help. I am pulling my camber plates (Kmak) to inspect after about 1800 track miles. I have had the sway bars in for the same amount of time.

I will let you know how they look and take some photos. They are the stage 2, and much more robust than the GC ones. They made some noise for about 500 miles and that was it.

Ketema,

when you get the kw shocks with plates in, can you take some photos of the plate. I am interested to see how they designed them.

One things for sure, if they will fail Ketema will have it happen. Only guy I have seen run an entire tank of gas, turn his calipers black and have Pagids heat fade in one track session. Needless to say this guy drives hard.
I'm currently having some issues with GC regarding the replacement plates. Do you like your KMAC plates? If GC can't resolve my issues, I might order up the KMAC plates.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 01:14 PM   #25
rwalker
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: the wheels off

the KMAC plates don't fit our cars (tower brace stud doesn't line up), I've just returned a set to Turner
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 03:58 PM   #26
ketema
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

I definitely will post pics when the club sport kit comes in. And don't jinx me! I don't want any more failures.

I'll also comment on how those linear Springs feel on the street.
2015 6M Black Sapphire Metallic | MPE w/Carbon Tips | Digital MP Steering Wheel | Carbon Interior | StopTech Slotted Rotors | Pagid RSL1 Race Pads | KW Clubsport Coilovers | DINAN Stage 2 and Carbon air intake | Clutch Masters Lightweight Performance Clutch and Flywheel | Hotchkis Anti-Roll Bars | Enkei RS05RR 18" Racing Wheels
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 04:11 PM   #27
Pparana
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwalker View Post
the KMAC plates don't fit our cars (tower brace stud doesn't line up), I've just returned a set to Turner
They fit, you just have to widen one of the cross brace mount holes by about 2mm.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 04:14 PM   #28
Pparana
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidpaper View Post
I'm currently having some issues with GC regarding the replacement plates. Do you like your KMAC plates? If GC can't resolve my issues, I might order up the KMAC plates.
I like them, have had zero issues, other than the install, having to widen the cross brace hole. I just finished pulling them out of the car today and saw no wear or issues. I will probably change the bolts and nuts out, since I have adjusted them a bunch.

I am going to ride around on the stockers for a week or two to see if I feel a ride quality difference, but no way would I run the track without them, I like 3.6 degrees of neg. camber
Appreciate 1
      06-18-2015, 10:56 PM   #29
rwalker
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: the wheels off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pparana View Post
They fit, you just have to widen one of the cross brace mount holes by about 2mm.
Hm. The ones I got were more off than that. The cross brace studs were about 3/4" off of where my cross brace met the tower.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2015, 07:28 PM   #30
Pparana
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwalker View Post
Hm. The ones I got were more off than that. The cross brace studs were about 3/4" off of where my cross brace met the tower.

You end up having to force one in with some strength, then drill the other one out a bit and force. I almost gave up, but made it work. Not ideal, but better than any other options out right now. My guess is the rivets line up for the m3/4 brace.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 12:37 PM   #31
Liquidpaper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Everyone:

Finished getting my new GC camber plates in. My plates now have the F22 mounting hardware, but the F8X sliders, which include a heim joint/spherical bushing. I think this is the right way to go, and I do not believe I will have this problem again.

For those of you looking for camber plates and are considering ground control, contact them directly and request plates for the M235i, but will the F8X sliders with the spherical bushing/heim joint. Talk to Donovan.

Also, Ground Control is the BEST to work with. They covered the upgraded plates, my broken strut AND my labor cost. Didn't cost me a dime. I'd definitely buy more product from them for this reason alone.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 03:44 PM   #32
ketema
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Glad to hear it. Donovan has been great for me as well. I am still waiting on my KW replacements, so I'm kind of glad you got your stuff back first. Go thrash the car a bit and let me know how they hold up.
2015 6M Black Sapphire Metallic | MPE w/Carbon Tips | Digital MP Steering Wheel | Carbon Interior | StopTech Slotted Rotors | Pagid RSL1 Race Pads | KW Clubsport Coilovers | DINAN Stage 2 and Carbon air intake | Clutch Masters Lightweight Performance Clutch and Flywheel | Hotchkis Anti-Roll Bars | Enkei RS05RR 18" Racing Wheels
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2015, 06:22 PM   #33
ketema
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I got all my replacement parts finally. Will be testing the new GC plates against the full clubsport kit. I'll decide which one to keep after a few hundred miles on each.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-08-2015, 06:50 PM   #34
YYZF22N55
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Sorry to hijack your thread OP but can you post a side profile pic of your car?

Im looking at getting a set of this rims!! Gd choice!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2015, 06:51 PM   #35
ketema
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYZF22N55
Sorry to hijack your thread OP but can you post a side profile pic of your car?

Im looking at getting a set of this rims!! Gd choice!
Just search for my build thread. Plenty of pics in there
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2015, 04:15 PM   #36
chris82
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketema View Post
I got all my replacement parts finally. Will be testing the new GC plates against the full clubsport kit. I'll decide which one to keep after a few hundred miles on each.
Fantastic, I've heard so many good things about the clubsport, can't wait to hear your impressions of them.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 10:42 PM   #37
ketema
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I am considering this thread closed. Although it sucked having these issues and losing out on a bunch of drive time, I want to give credit to Donovan and Ground Control for taking care of the issue. They were world class with their support. I have the good fortune of being able to have choices. I am quite certain that the new GC monoball plates are fantastic. I will be testing them with the KW DDC kit right after I finish thrashing the Club sport kit that found its way into my hands. I am sure they are both awesome, and it will really force me to decide if the car is going to be single or dual purpose. Look for updates on my build thread, I won't be posting here any more.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2021, 10:10 PM   #38
tcollier91
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketema View Post
I am considering this thread closed. Although it sucked having these issues and losing out on a bunch of drive time, I want to give credit to Donovan and Ground Control for taking care of the issue. They were world class with their support. I have the good fortune of being able to have choices. I am quite certain that the new GC monoball plates are fantastic. I will be testing them with the KW DDC kit right after I finish thrashing the Club sport kit that found its way into my hands. I am sure they are both awesome, and it will really force me to decide if the car is going to be single or dual purpose. Look for updates on my build thread, I won't be posting here any more.
I am looking at ground control camber plates for my KW DDC coilovers. Have you had any additional issues? The KW DDCs have progressive springs, what spring ID did you specify to GC when ordering? Thanks.
Appreciate 0