THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions Heated Seats - Occupancy Required?

01-20-2021, 02:25 PM   #1
ZGadson
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 228i

Heated Seats - Occupancy Required?

It seems that the heated seats in my 2016 228i are only heated when the occupant sensor is triggered, either by a butt in the seat or something heavy enough to trigger the sensor - like my laptop bag.

That said, is there a way to disable, override, or even manually trick this sensor for the driver seat so I can start my car in the morning without having to always leave something in the seat for it to warm up?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2021, 11:47 AM   #2
sauceonside
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 240i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGadson View Post
It seems that the heated seats in my 2016 228i are only heated when the occupant sensor is triggered, either by a butt in the seat or something heavy enough to trigger the sensor - like my laptop bag.

That said, is there a way to disable, override, or even manually trick this sensor for the driver seat so I can start my car in the morning without having to always leave something in the seat for it to warm up?
Never heard of this and would rest assured BMW doesn't tie the Air Bag seat weight sensor to the heated seat switch in your car. Maybe there's something weird going on with your wiring if this is a legit, repeatable issue.
Appreciate 0