THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Fender Mods

08-13-2015, 09:07 AM   #23
BLK235iNJ
Captain
Rep
Drives: m235i,13MustangGT,84C10,99A8

Then you need some wheels and tires. $4500+ (That's a cheap set).

Figure 20Gs (not sure its worth it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexc93 View Post
Yes, which is about $6500 shipped.

After paint and body work I imagine it to work out at around $8500 installed/painted, maximum.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 09:24 AM   #24
alexc93
Colonel
Rep
Drives: na

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK235iNJ View Post
Then you need some wheels and tires. $4500+ (That's a cheap set).

Figure 20Gs (not sure its worth it).
Not sure how $4500 plus $8500 works out to 20G's...

Pick up a set of F8X/E9X OEM M rims used for $1500 bucks and there you have it.

Id say closer to $10G's including rims/tires.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 09:49 AM   #25
BLK235iNJ
Captain
Rep

Dude- 6500 for the kit, 8500 to put it on and 4500 for wheels.

You think you can get a wide body kit put on with wheels for 10k? Please tell me where and I'm there tomorrow.

Quote:
Not sure how $4500 plus $8500 works out to 20G's...

Pick up a set of F8X/E9X OEM M rims used for $1500 bucks and there you have it.

Id say closer to $10G's including rims/tires.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 10:22 AM   #26
alexc93
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Dude- 6500 for the kit, 8500 to put it on and 4500 for wheels.

You think you can get a wide body kit put on with wheels for 10k? Please tell me where and I'm there tomorrow.
Why is it costing you $8500 to put it on and where are you getting that figure from...? Have you ever actually had any body work of any sort done...?

I imagine by your verbiage and use of words such as "dude" you are not the most savvy person out on this forum.

These fenders are literally bolt on fenders except for the rears which are cut and weld. Even at one of the most reputable shops it will cost you $2500 at most for paint and install of a body kit like Manharts, if you're paying $8,500 for paint and install you are getting bent over backwards. And even if you are paying more than $2500 there is ZERO way install on the body kit costs more than the body kit itself so your looking at maybe MAXIMUM $12k for the bodykit painted and installed with a cheap set of rims.

Lastly, the amount you spend on wheels is completely opinionated. Go and buy a set of VMR's or APEX for a $1200 if you really want to make it a cheap project. If you're paying $4,500 for rims thats completely you making a decision to spend that absurd amount on wheels, and I hope if you are spending $4,500 on wheels you are getting some BBS or Volks, not a sub par set of Vossens which are over priced cast wheels which are likely going to crack or bend just entering driveways at low speeds.

Or you could just not paint the car and wrap it in tin foil and highlighter tape like your current setups we've seen on here.

Last edited by alexc93; 08-13-2015 at 10:51 AM..
Appreciate 1
      08-13-2015, 10:54 AM   #27
BLK235iNJ
Captain
Rep

You're right I'm not savvy but you still didn't answer the question. Please provide me a shop name that will install for $2500. I live in NJ (near NYC) and around me the hourly pricing may be a bit higher than what's around you.

Also Dr. Savvy give me an estimate of LOE. Without the LOE youre just throwing pricing out. At $2500/$75hr thats 33 hours. And this is not counting the paint/material (this needs to be blended). There are 2 ways to do things... 1 way is slapping it together elcheapo and the other way is having it done right so that the car looks correct.

I've shopped for 3 out of my 5 cars for widebody kits and the cheapest was 15k. Do you have a vehicle that has gone through this process?

Why dont you keep this car related instead of getting personal. Your response shows me that you lack soft skills (there's another name for that).

Quote:
Why is it costing you $8500 to put it on and where are you getting that figure from...? Have you ever actually had any body work of any sort done...?

I imagine by your verbiage and use of words such as "dude" you are not the most savvy person out on this forum.

These fenders are literally bolt on fenders except for the rears which are cut and weld. Even at one of the most reputable shops it will cost you $2500 at most for paint and install of a body kit like Manharts, if you're paying $8,500 for paint and install you are getting bent over backwards. And even if you are paying more than $2500 there is ZERO way install on the body kit costs more than the body kit itself so your looking at maybe MAXIMUM $12k painted and installed with a cheap set of rims.

Lastly, the amount you spend on wheels is completely opinionated. Go and buy a set of VMR's or APEX for a $1200 if you really want to make it a cheap project. If you're paying $4,500 for rims thats completely you making a decision to spend that absurd amount on wheels and I hope if you are spending $4,500 on wheels you are getting some BBS or Volks.

Or you could just not paint the car and wrap it in tin foil and highlighter tape like your current setups we've seen on here.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 11:01 AM   #28
alexc93
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
You're right I'm not savvy but you still didn't answer the question. Please provide me a shop name that will install for $2500. I live in NJ (near NYC) and around me the hourly pricing may be a bit higher than what's around you.

Also Dr. Savvy give me an estimate of LOE. Without the LOE youre just throwing pricing out. At $2500/$75hr thats 33 hours. And this is not counting the paint/material (this needs to be blended). There are 2 ways to do things... 1 way is slapping it together elcheapo and the other way is having it done right so that the car looks correct.

I've shopped for 3 out of my 5 cars for widebody kits and the cheapest was 15k. Do you have a vehicle that has gone through this process?

Why dont you keep this car related instead of getting personal. Your response shows me that you lack soft skills (there's another name for that).
I haven't had an exact quote no because I haven't felt the need to go around asking shops for quotes when I'm not looking for a widebody kit.

I chimed in to give advice.

There is always two ways to do things, but with wraps etc you're apparently pretty well versed with the "elcheapo" way to do things.

I had an E90 that had a full bodykit painted and installed which was only $900 for paint and install, which granted required no modification. But technically the Manhart doesn't require much modification either, and is simply a bolt on bodykit except for rear fenders (like I have already said, so the ONLY blending that needs to be done is those rear fenders).

And yes for your information I have had cars in and out of body shops over the last 5 years of living in Miami so yes, I have a decent idea of pricing at high end shops.

If you're so intrigued as to how much it will cost why don't you call body shops and ask them how much the install would be; unfortunately I am not a yellow pages.

I was simply giving my estimate on how much I THINK it would be based on my knowledge, not looking to be attacked by jersey shore's rolling bobs barricade m235i driver.

Also LOE refers to level of effort which in business means small activities done throughout a project such as accounting, re-ordering etc...nothing to do with the cost to consumers. Dr. Savvy, signing out!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 11:13 AM   #29
BLK235iNJ
Captain
Rep

Elcheapo wraps... lets just do each other a favor and not comment on each others threads. And btw, my wraps run 3k every time I wrap the car. maybe by you it will cost me $700. And there's 5k in my wheels and $6500 in dinan upgrades. I don't go elcheapo I like to change the look of my car and painting just doesnt fit my needs.

When you give advice keep it factual and write using a clinical approach.

As far as your car I only found photos of it looking stock or I would rip back. Being stock I cant say anything.

And I already spoke to a shop thats why I questioned your price. I was given an estimate (ROM) of 80hours to do this.

My new friend Alex

Quote:
I haven't had an exact quote no because I haven't felt the need to go around asking shops for quotes when I'm not looking for a widebody kit.

I chimed in to give advice.

There is always two ways to do things, but with wraps etc you're apparently pretty well versed with the "elcheapo" way to do things.

I had an E90 that had a full bodykit painted and installed which was only $900 for paint and install, which granted required no modification. But technically the Manhart doesn't require much modification either, and is simply a bolt on bodykit except for rear fenders (like I have already said, so the ONLY blending that needs to be done is those rear fenders).

And yes for your information I have had cars in and out of body shops over the last 5 years of living in Miami so yes, I have a decent idea of pricing at high end shops.

If you're so intrigued as to how much it will cost why don't you call body shops and ask them how much the install would be; unfortunately I am not a yellow pages.

I was simply giving my estimate on how much I THINK it would be based on my knowledge, not looking to be attacked by jersey shore's rolling bobs barricade m235i driver.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 11:21 AM   #30
alexc93
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Elcheapo wraps... lets just do each other a favor and not comment on each others threads. And btw, my wraps run 3k every time I wrap the car. maybe by you it will cost me $700. And there's 5k in my wheels and $6500 in dinan upgrades. I don't go elcheapo I like to change the look of my car and painting just doesnt fit my needs.

When you give advice keep it factual and write using a clinical approach.

As far as your car I only found photos of it looking stock or I would rip back. Being stock I cant say anything.

And I already spoke to a shop thats why I questioned your price. I was given an estimate (ROM) of 80hours to do this.

My new friend Alex
Dinan are overpriced products.

Vossen are overpriced wheels.

That does not mean they are good products at ALL.

Dinan, I don't have a problem with other than their absurdly over priced tune which is simply a piggy back with no more R&D (likely less R&D) than BMS tune, but I understand why some people go with DINAN for the warranty.

Vossen is a whole nother story, they are simply cast wheels that they market the f out of to have people such as yourself pay an extremely ridiculous margin for them. There is no such thing as a cast wheel that is worth $5k and you simply cannot argue with that, and ANYONE on this forum who knows anything about wheels will know that. Vossen are simply crap with a brand behind them.

There's some facts for ya.

Lastly, money doesn't buy taste. Just because you pay $3k for a wrap doesn't mean anything.

And yes, my car is stock.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 11:22 AM   #31
BLK235iNJ
Captain
Rep

dude googles LOE thats funny... LOE is level of effort for any task that needs to be priced.

again a bunch of useless info... 900 to have a full bodykit installed. I would love to see how that looked.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 11:26 AM   #32
BLK235iNJ
Captain
Rep

Sounds good dude... and remember we all have different taste. No need to get so aggressive on voicing your dislike for my car. Youre the one acting like a jersey shore guido.

Youre car looks great btw I remember when mine looked exactly like that.

Haters hate... must suck to be born with that gene with the need to blab your opinion and hate on others. I honestly could give 2 sh!ts what others do with their cars.

your painted front reflectors look amazing. i actually need them for my car.

later pal

Quote:
Dinan are overpriced products.

Vossen are overpriced wheels.

That does not mean they are good products at ALL.

Dinan, I don't have a problem with other than their absurdly over priced tune which is simply a piggy back with no more R&D (likely less R&D) than BMS tune, but I understand why some people go with DINAN for the warranty.

Vossen is a whole nother story, they are simply cast wheels that they market the f out of to have people such as yourself pay an extremely ridiculous margin for them. There is no such thing as a cast wheel that is worth $5k and you simply cannot argue with that, and ANYONE on this forum who knows anything about wheels will know that.

Lastly, money doesn't buy taste. Just because you pay $3k for a wrap doesn't mean anything.

And yes, my car is stock.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 11:28 AM   #33
alexc93
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Sounds good dude... and remember we all have different taste. No need to get so aggressive on voicing your dislike for my car. Youre the one acting like a jersey shore guido.

Youre car looks great btw I remember when mine looked exactly like that.

Haters hate... must suck to be born with that gene with the need to blab your opinion and hate on others. I honestly could give 2 sh!ts what others do with their cars.

later pal
I'm not hating on your car, simply expressing my opinion after being attacked for offering advice. Don't want you getting ripped off anymore is all, "pal".
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 11:31 AM   #34
BLK235iNJ
Captain
Rep

Not sure when you got attacked... I used the word "Dude" and you started it.

Express all you want... when I arrive at a car meet or show I get a ton more positive feedback than negative so its OK.

And for the record that cheap wrap is preserving my paint. My car will be preserved by the wrap and my garage. I removed my last wrap and the car still looks brand new. Paint a car and it loses value.

Ok I'm off to eat my lunch

Quote:
I'm not hating on your car, simply expressing my opinion after being attacked for offering advice. Don't want you getting ripped off anymore is all, "pal".
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 01:33 PM   #35
BLK235iNJ
Captain
Rep

To get this back on track... I just spoke to a shop that has done a couple of cars that I know and the pricing for an install is around 10k (For Aftermarket kit). I was explained that the aftermarket kits all require a bit of work to get them to fit properly.

I also asked what it would take to get something fabricated for my car and the answer was anywhere from 12k to 20k and I was shown examples.

An example of 20k was something like this m3. (I would never do this).

The m5 has a bunch of subtle customizations which cost around 18k(notice the 1m bumper).

I know that this is a bit outside of the fender mod...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2015, 04:41 AM   #36
Ray @ Manhart Performance
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

Hello, maybe this helps:
In Germany, where work hours are horribly expensive, the cost of painting and installing the WBK is about the price of the body kit. Actually a bit less but we always anticipate worst case and then rather pass on the savings.
So for the states I'd estimate 1/2 - 2/3 of the parts costs.
As we do not have a WBK on the road in the US yet I do not have any actual figures. Once the first one is sold and mounted we will have actual numbers to communicate.

And yes, only the rear quarter panel has to be modified and blended. The rest is glued on / swapped for original parts.
Appreciate 1