THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Mineral Vs. Alpine White

09-24-2015, 11:42 AM   #45
Tony88
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235ix

I went to the local dealer to see the difference in person. I talked to a salesman and told him what I was doing and to point me out an alpine and MW car. He took one look at me and laughed and said "You don't look like a mineral white kind of guy" At first I didn't get why he would say that but then he starting heavily inferring MW is a gay or feminine color. So he showed me anyway and honestly I couldn't really tell too much of a difference but the salesman and my girlfriend were both agreeing MW was way too gay for me

I still don't understand how they see the color that way but I guess I'm happy I don't appear to be gay haha
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 12:44 PM   #46
Merc for hire
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony88 View Post
I went to the local dealer to see the difference in person. I talked to a salesman and told him what I was doing and to point me out an alpine and MW car. He took one look at me and laughed and said "You don't look like a mineral white kind of guy" At first I didn't get why he would say that but then he starting heavily inferring MW is a gay or feminine color. So he showed me anyway and honestly I couldn't really tell too much of a difference but the salesman and my girlfriend were both agreeing MW was way too gay for me

I still don't understand how they see the color that way but I guess I'm happy I don't appear to be gay haha
This salesman speaks the truth! MW is my girlfriend's preferred color for her car!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 01:12 PM   #47
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Really? What is this high school?
Appreciate 1
      09-24-2015, 01:33 PM   #48
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc for hire View Post
This salesman speaks the truth! MW is my girlfriend's preferred color for her car!
The salesman is of very limited intellect and even less emotional development. I would work with someone else before he finds out what group you happen to be in of which he doesn't approve.

And, relating to the original story, he would have implied. The listener would have inferred.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner

Last edited by Sportstick; 09-24-2015 at 01:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 06:05 PM   #49
G8rGrl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss

Today at the dealership in bright sunlight I compared: BMW Alpine White, BMW Mineral White, and Lexus Starfire Pearl all side-by-side. The AW was the cleanest and brightest. The Lexus Starfire Pearl was a bright metallic white. The MW also appeared metallic but it was less "white"...the MW had a cream/yellow tint to the paint. I did not like the cream/yellow tint in the MW.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 06:24 PM   #50
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8rGrl View Post
Today at the dealership in bright sunlight I compared: BMW Alpine White, BMW Mineral White, and Lexus Starfire Pearl all side-by-side. The AW was the cleanest and brightest. The Lexus Starfire Pearl was a bright metallic white. The MW also appeared metallic but it was less "white"...the MW had a cream/yellow tint to the paint. I did not like the cream/yellow tint in the MW.
I guess everyone's eyes are different, but I find it hard to believe you see any yellow tint in MW. I owned a MW 335is for three years and can speak to its range, there is no yellow in it. The pearl that Lexus uses actually reflects a ton of yellow from sunlight. MW on the other hand is less dynamic. It's a purer white than the Lexus pearl. It is simply a white base with metallic flakes, which give a range of white to a light satin silver. There's not much else going on. Here is my old car with a good rep of the range of MW. [Note the car behind it - it's a pearl white and has more of a yellowish tint on the doors...]
Attached Images

10-02-2015, 06:28 PM   #51
G8rGrl
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
I guess everyone's eyes are different, but I find it hard to believe you see any yellow tint in MW. I owned a MW 335is for three years and can speak to its range, there is no yellow in it. The pearl that Lexus uses actually reflects a ton of yellow from sunlight. MW on the other hand is less dynamic. It's a purer white than the Lexus pearl. It is simply a white base with metallic flakes, which give a range of white to a light satin silver. There's not much else going on. Here is my old car with a good rep of the range of MW.
Your pics are what had me leaning toward MW. It looks different in person though. If it looked like your pic in real life I would like it.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 06:30 PM   #52
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8rGrl View Post
Your pics are what had me leaning toward MW. It looks different in person though. It if looked like your pic in real life I would like it.

Like I said, I owned it for three years and it looks JUST like that in real life. Maybe you were staring at white cars too long.

My old car NEVER EVER EVER looked yellow. Well except one time when it was sitting under a dim yellow light, but then even AW would look yellow.
      10-02-2015, 07:04 PM   #53
G8rGrl
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Like I said, I owned it for three years and it looks JUST like that in real life. Maybe you were staring at white cars too long.

My old car NEVER EVER EVER looked yellow. Well except one time when it was sitting under a dim yellow light, but then even AW would look yellow.
I will compare again, since you are so adamant.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 07:34 PM   #54
wjones14
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

The thing about MW is that it looks different depending on the lighting. It looks different in bright sunshine than it does under overcast skies. Then at night, it can take on all kinds of hues depending on the types of streetlights. It's a chameleon. Whether you like that or not is purely personal preference, but it's also possible that you like it differently depending on the lighting.
      10-03-2015, 09:37 PM   #55
opfreak
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Rabbit

the other day I was exiting work and walking towards my car, with the sun starting its path down in the west, the side was front lit. the MW was amazing.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2015, 11:28 AM   #56
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Here's a link to a MW M235i with window tint applied. I think it looks awesome, notice how the lines on the side of the car are accentuated by the light hitting the metalic paint. It looks kind of like M performance stripes have been installed on the car .www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1179943
Appreciate 2
      10-07-2015, 08:58 PM   #57
HTTP 410
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition

Garage List
I completely agree with you, hyperzulu. I have a 2015 MW M235 and there's no yellow at all. To me, it looks awesome!

Quote:

(SOLD) 2018 M2 BSM LCI, DCT, Executive, Drivers Assist, CarPlay
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 10:36 AM   #58
mbrito31
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 HS M2 Comp

I think there is a noticeable difference...pictures dont show it very accurately. My brother has a 335 AW and side by side next to my MW 235 you can see the difference. MW has kind of a shimmer to it and in the sun its definitely more apparent!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2015, 10:14 AM   #59
G8rGrl
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
Here's a link to a MW M235i with window tint applied. I think it looks awesome, notice how the lines on the side of the car are accentuated by the light hitting the metalic paint. It looks kind of like M performance stripes have been installed on the car .www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1179943
This is it. Definitely going back to the dealer to compare in person...as soon as I have some time.
Appreciate 1