THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums UNITED KINGDOM M235I Remus or MPE?

06-27-2022, 03:59 AM   #1
LTM_BMW2
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M235i F23

M235I Remus or MPE?

Hi all,

I have been looking to improve the exhaust sound on my m235i. Wanted to do a muffler delete but after reading several threads I was worried about drone all the time.

So I got a electronic cutout dump valve fitted before the muffler. The cold start is thunderous with valve open but the drone is just too much and the idling is just boomy. Not sure if the cut off valve leaks a bit because when the valve is closed the start up is now much louder but not really in a good way

I am now thinking of replacing with MPE or Remus axel back, hoping the sound will be a bit more refined, less obnoxious and fart canny. I like the deep gurgle sound on the M2 at low speeds.

How is the drone on MPE and Remus
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2022, 06:25 AM   #2
Cos270
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Garage List
2015 F22 M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTM_BMW2 View Post
Hi all,

I have been looking to improve the exhaust sound on my m235i. Wanted to do a muffler delete but after reading several threads I was worried about drone all the time.

So I got a electronic cutout dump valve fitted before the muffler. The cold start is thunderous with valve open but the drone is just too much and the idling is just boomy. Not sure if the cut off valve leaks a bit because when the valve is closed the start up is now much louder but not really in a good way

I am now thinking of replacing with MPE or Remus axel back, hoping the sound will be a bit more refined, less obnoxious and fart canny. I like the deep gurgle sound on the M2 at low speeds.

How is the drone on MPE and Remus
I can only speak for the MPE, but for me it's perfect. Louder when you want it, quiet when you don't. Even with the valves fully open in sport mode, around town it is present, but not droney at all. I'm very sensitive to drone, too. Few things annoy me more than anything obnoxious exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2022, 07:37 AM   #3
LTM_BMW2
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M235i F23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cos270 View Post
I can only speak for the MPE, but for me it's perfect. Louder when you want it, quiet when you don't. Even with the valves fully open in sport mode, around town it is present, but not droney at all. I'm very sensitive to drone, too. Few things annoy me more than anything obnoxious exhaust.
Thanks. I am leaning towards MPE but here in UK I can get the Remus axel back for about half the price. But I might have read somewhere that the Remus drones abit.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2022, 03:09 PM   #4
Chris525uk
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

I have a full cat back remus fitted. No drone
Appreciate 1
WolfGTI688.50
      07-20-2022, 08:31 PM   #5
Resoelg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 ZV-Blue

Garage List
24 G87  [10.00]
Think about Dinan exhaust and midpipe. No drone. Sounds great. I keep the windows down in the summer, sweat my ass, off just to hear the sweet sound it makes even at highway speeds.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2022, 09:39 PM   #6
WolfGTI
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F22,15 E84 M Sport,02 R53

Garage List
2017 BMW M240i  [0.00]
2002 MINI Cooper S  [0.00]
2015 BMW X1  [0.00]
Remus cat back also - no drone.
Ohlins R&T coilovers, Turner monoball thrust arms, F87 LCAs, GC camber plates, Superpro subframe bushings, Megan Racing adj. RCAs, delrin differential bushings. Stoptech BBK 6 piston (f) 4 piston (r).
Appreciate 0