THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Check engine light after new dinan cold air intake

12-28-2019, 03:14 PM   #1
Uscray
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

Garage List
Check engine light after new dinan cold air intake

I installed a Dinan CAI on my 2015 m235 with no other mods except MPE. I bought the dinan intake because of all the reviews stating no CEL since I am not ready to install a tune. The CEL appeared on the second day after install. Car is running smoothly. The code was P0171 for running lean. Any ideas with what may be causing the error? I checked the connections and can’t find an air leak. Could this be something that resolves in a couple days after the ECU adjust? If not I may remove it until the N55 dinan flash tune is released.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 10:39 AM   #2
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uscray View Post
I installed a Dinan CAI on my 2015 m235 with no other mods except MPE. I bought the dinan intake because of all the reviews stating no CEL since I am not ready to install a tune. The CEL appeared on the second day after install. Car is running smoothly. The code was P0171 for running lean. Any ideas with what may be causing the error? I checked the connections and can’t find an air leak. Could this be something that resolves in a couple days after the ECU adjust? If not I may remove it until the N55 dinan flash tune is released.
It happens to me too. Clean the MAF, clear the code and keep driving.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 09:02 PM   #3
Uscray
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

Garage List
The light has not returned after clearing the code and tightening all the clamps and MAF sensor a little more. After contacting Dinan they said the long term fuel trim average adjustment in the m235 is around 15-18%. That is where my car is sitting now after several days of driving. The CEL usually triggers at 25%.
Appreciate 0