THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Used 228i - Track Package Necessary?

05-31-2018, 12:03 AM   #45
dradernh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat-Dad View Post
...im pretty sure 18s dont fit because of the brakes.
Try Apex - they were due to have 18s that will clear the brakes earlier this month: 925-245-0773 https://www.apexraceparts.com/

If so, you'll realize a significant decrease in weight.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 08:15 AM   #46
heathknox
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw

You can always order it online though. Last time I checked, most tracking services now work worldwide so you can track package by china post tracking number . To be honest, I am into online shopping a bit way too much. Since I always order plenty of packages at the same time, I have to make sure that my stuffs aren’t lost somewhere.Before I knew about this tracking service, online shopping wasn’t my first choice. It has actually happened to me once where I was informed that my books got lost at the transit point. I couldnt find my package . But now, I am no longer worried about this ^^

Last edited by heathknox; 09-23-2021 at 10:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 09:05 AM   #47
230iZTR
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Signal Orange wrapped 230i THP

The key question to me will be about how much time the car is going to spend on the track compared to the street.

If it's a just-for-fun weekend car supplementing you daily driven Volvo, go for a more available m-sport car and factor coilovers, a big brake kit, and an LSD into your budget. It'll be a far more capable car in that configuration.

If you're going to be driving it everyday and want a car that you can switch between comfort and sport+, it's worth waiting for a THP and doing camber plates, Dinan shockware, and changing out the brake pads, lines, and fluid for a much more compliant experience. It's a rare car, and waiting longer and paying more for the Jekyll-Hyde character is worth it for a daily driver.

I love my RWD THP. I ended up ordered it new because I had the exact same problem finding one that you're having now. It's fast enough for me and very capable for the level of driving I do. But I also acknowledge that it's not the track beast some of the more modified cars floating around the forum are.

Last edited by 230iZTR; 09-21-2021 at 09:25 AM..
Appreciate 2