THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Amplifier Upgrade? (Audiotec-Fischer Match UP 7BMW) for iM240

05-17-2021, 11:44 AM   #1
ChiefSif
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M240 xDrive

Amplifier Upgrade? (Audiotec-Fischer Match UP 7BMW) for iM240

Hey BMW Addicts,

After speaking with a local car audio shop I got recommended upgrading the stock amplifier to Audiotec-Fischer Match UP 7BMW. Thoughts? It is on the pricier end but is it worth it? It's sad to say my 2011 Nissan Maxima's audio system (Bose) bumps more than my M240

Is there any other recommendations? I am going for louder but clean sound with improved bass.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 12:39 PM   #2
nearwater4me
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 G82 Base

You could achieve better tonal clarity + smooth out the harsh highs by changing out the fronts.
In order to get more bass out of the underseat woofers, you definitely need more power fed to either the stock woofers, or change those out also w/ an aftermarket solution.
Installing a dedicated subwoofer in the trunk will also make a huge difference.

That said, if you're close to Brooklyn, NY, I'd check out Integral Audio.
I've ordered their Soundstage DSP for the 2er, and I'm impressed with the improvement.
Will post full review pretty soon.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 08:32 AM   #3
MarcoZandrini
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

I installed the Audiotec-Fischer (AF) MATCH 7UP BMW amp in my M240i. The amp is, as you know, highly tunable. So, read and understand the process for setting up the amp. There are several videos on how to configure the amp. The biggest improvement is the installation of either an AF Bluetooth or USB module in the amp. These allow you to digitally stream music from your phone or other device (I use a FiiO M3 Pro) to the amp. The amp has a high quality digital to analog converter (DAC). The difference-using the head unit's DAC vs using the amp's DAC-is amazing.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 10:20 AM   #4
ChiefSif
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearwater4me View Post
You could achieve better tonal clarity + smooth out the harsh highs by changing out the fronts.
In order to get more bass out of the underseat woofers, you definitely need more power fed to either the stock woofers, or change those out also w/ an aftermarket solution.
Installing a dedicated subwoofer in the trunk will also make a huge difference.

That said, if you're close to Brooklyn, NY, I'd check out Integral Audio.
I've ordered their Soundstage DSP for the 2er, and I'm impressed with the improvement.
Will post full review pretty soon.

I was actually born and raised in Brooklyn. Love the car scene out there. Can you share how much you spent on your specific set up? Soundstage DSP is showing to be $4,000. Would love to check out your full review! Any recommendations for a less pricy soultion to better sound? Will switching the stock amplifier for the MATCH 7 be worth it?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 10:25 AM   #5
ChiefSif
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoZandrini View Post
I installed the Audiotec-Fischer (AF) MATCH 7UP BMW amp in my M240i. The amp is, as you know, highly tunable. So, read and understand the process for setting up the amp. There are several videos on how to configure the amp. The biggest improvement is the installation of either an AF Bluetooth or USB module in the amp. These allow you to digitally stream music from your phone or other device (I use a FiiO M3 Pro) to the amp. The amp has a high quality digital to analog converter (DAC). The difference-using the head unit's DAC vs using the amp's DAC-is amazing.
So you only installed the Match 7 and left the stock speakers? This AF Bluetooth feature I have no knowledge about whatsoever. I need you to explain this a tad further. You digitally stream music from your phone directly to the AMP??
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 02:36 PM   #6
nearwater4me
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 G82 Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefAsif View Post
I was actually born and raised in Brooklyn. Love the car scene out there. Can you share how much you spent on your specific set up? Soundstage DSP is showing to be $4,000. Would love to check out your full review! Any recommendations for a less pricy soultion to better sound? Will switching the stock amplifier for the MATCH 7 be worth it?
You should definitely pay a visit then!
I wish I was closer so I could take a tour in their facility.

I just posted a review of the Soundstage DSP. Check it out!
Will send you PM with more details.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2021, 07:21 AM   #7
SG_92
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 2 Series M240i

Quote:
their DSP system for the 2 series is actually $2,599 - you were looking at the DSP Ultra for the 3/4 series I believe. I bought the 2 series system and and in love with it.

Here is a link to the product page: https://integralaudio.com/soundstage...ies-coupe.html

Here is the review thread that swayed me into trying it out:

https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1754715
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2021, 08:53 AM   #8
MarcoZandrini
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Quote:
So you only installed the Match 7 and left the stock speakers? This AF Bluetooth feature I have no knowledge about whatsoever. I need you to explain this a tad further. You digitally stream music from your phone directly to the AMP??
My first move was to replace the front components speakers with Eton components. Simply plugnplay. I then replaced the rear speakers with JL 2-way speakers I then installed the AF amp and tuned it. Major improvement. Next, I installed the AF USB module (my iPhone didn't play well with the AF BT module) and ran a 15 cable from the console to the amp. That made a huge difference. My latest mod replaced the USB cable with a USB cable with a USB-C and USB-B mini connectors. I'm using a Fiio M3 Pro with a digital output. Playing FLAC (lossless) music is incredible.
Appreciate 0