THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N20 (228i) / B46 (230i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Alignment Issue

01-08-2021, 07:19 PM   #1
richardddd
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 228i

Alignment Issue

Hey everyone,

I went in for a 3rd alignment for my 2016 228i, but the car pulls even harder to the right. I've gone to 2 different highly rated shops from Yelp so they do seem reliable. I thought it could've been a radial pull so I switched my two front tires from left to right and vice versa, but that did not solve the problem.

I don't know how to read the alignment spec sheet and I was hoping you guys can take a look.

Is this an alignment issue or is there a deeper problem?

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2021, 03:59 PM   #2
CarbonLion
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '15 228i

Garage List
2015 228i  [0.00]
I went through a similar issue. 1st alignment was at the dealership, they told me camber was off on front left and suggested new hub carrier to correct to a more negative value. Besides this, the car tracked fine.

2nd alignment was done at a reputable BMW indy. I was going to use them to do the hub carrier service but the the alignment they provided indicated no discrepancies in camber and the specs looked bang on. Despite this, the car pulled to the left; I took the car back to them and they realigned/swapped front tires suspecting radial pull but the issue persisted. In the end I DIY'd the front toe so it would track straight with the Indy's alignment following this procedure: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=749585

I'm on a fresh set of tires so I'm watching carefully for wear but so far so good after about 1k miles.
      01-11-2021, 07:44 PM   #3
richardddd
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 228i

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. I'm going to take my car in one more time and if it still doesn't work, I'm going to try out the post you mentioned.
Appreciate 0