THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics B58 (M240i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning MHD Vs. Mission Performance

07-10-2020, 01:19 PM   #111
AleksanderSuave
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240iX Coupe

the consensus is that spark plugs need to be replaced next. I'll be doing that once FCP euro has them in stock.

Want to be able to buy once and get the free lifetime replacements since tuner interval will call for frequent replacement.

In the mean time, I put the turbski on hold.

Ive been getting back into shooting, and apparently ammo and equipment is all out of stock, so I just dumped a small fortune into a reloading setup.

I also have another map to test for MHD, and potentially do a 0-60 run on the OTS e30 stage 2+ map.
Appreciate 1
      07-10-2020, 01:32 PM   #112
Throttlesteer14
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 M240 ix, 14 Cayman S

Yep, supplies are pretty thin. I stocked up during the last scare. I'm a single-stager, so it takes a while to get through inventory.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2020, 01:46 PM   #113
AleksanderSuave
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlesteer14 View Post
Yep, supplies are pretty thin. I stocked up during the last scare. I'm a single-stager, so it takes a while to get through inventory.
I ordered a dillon xl 750 223 and 9mm setup.

Then added the rt1500 case trimmer.

Then added mr bullet feeder for both calibers.

Then added a case feeder for both calibers as well.

quite a hefty bill lol.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2020, 03:41 PM   #114
Throttlesteer14
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 M240 ix, 14 Cayman S

Yep, it gets spendy. .223 makes sense if you're doing precision work (go for the Sinclair micrometer seating die). But I still buy OTS for plinking.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2020, 03:51 PM   #115
AleksanderSuave
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlesteer14 View Post
Yep, it gets spendy. .223 makes sense if you're doing precision work (go for the Sinclair micrometer seating die). But I still buy OTS for plinking.
man you must live in an amazing area if you can even find 223 for plinking.

223 and most other caliners is nonexistant here locally now...and what you can find online is basically wolf priced to 50 cents/round.

at that point reloading is basically essential to get any accuracy.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 09:45 PM   #116
J-Michael
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 340i xdrive

Whats up everyone? Long time listener, first time caller. So I purchased a beautiful 2017 CPO m240i xdrive in glacier silver almost two months ago. I was coming from a 2017 Golf R with an Integrated Engineering stage 1 high torque tune as well as a DSG,(TCU) tune. That car could really move after the tunes. 0-60 in 3.9 seconds quick but not sure about the quarter mile. Don't get too focused on the numbers though. I just flashed my m240i with a Mission Performance stage 1 this afternoon, the car is completely stock. Little did I know there is a shop/gas station right around the corner from me that sells 105 octane race fuel, FROM THE PUMP! So I had 7 gallons of 92 fuel already in the car and put in 1.5 gallons of the 105 Octane rocket fuel. Holy-ish! It is outrageous. Mind you, my old Golf R would have definitely beaten it to 60. After the tunes that thing would launch and pull like a demon, (not a reference to the car) and sometimes spin all 4 tires, albeit momentarily. However, I would confidently say the way my 240i felt with the 1.5 gallons of race fuel mixed in, I think it would starting pulling away hard from the Golf R shortly after 60 mph. It feels incredible. The amount of torque and power on tap is just so far beyond how the car came stock its unbelievable. It pulls hard and just keeps pulling when im just cruising at 80 and step on it. No more lame stock speed limiter set to a 130 mph max. This car went from 80 to 140 quite quickly and the engine was still howling and pulling hard. I had to let off because I quickly approached the cars way in front of me and there was also a sketchy cross wind. It truly is addicting in a way that even with the great power that my Golf had, it can't even compare. Mind you I was only using 1.5 gallons of the 105 octane. I think tomorrow I will fill up the remaining half a tank with 105 before I go for a full fill of pure 105. I can't even imagine how much better its going to feel. That fuel with the tune is just bananas. I can't say enough good things about the level of satisfaction I have so far with the Mission stage 1 tune. Integrated Engineering really knows what they are doing and those tunes I had for the Golf were as about as perfect as you can get IMO in terms of feel, power delivery, smoothness etc. So far the Mission tune is shaping up to be just as impressive. Well there you have it, my 2 cents, okay maybe 20.

Last edited by J-Michael; 10-16-2020 at 09:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 04:21 PM   #117
B58_Ken240i
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

https://www.mgflasher.com

Here is another flasher that was reference to me from a master EcuTek tuner. Their prices are fair and there map change on the fly is amazing with the B58 (Gen 1)

Also, they only specialize in couple of BMW engine so its more catered to the B58 platform.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 02:51 PM   #118
AleksanderSuave
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Michael View Post
Whats up everyone? Long time listener, first time caller. So I purchased a beautiful 2017 CPO m240i xdrive in glacier silver almost two months ago. I was coming from a 2017 Golf R with an Integrated Engineering stage 1 high torque tune as well as a DSG,(TCU) tune. That car could really move after the tunes. 0-60 in 3.9 seconds quick but not sure about the quarter mile. Don't get too focused on the numbers though. I just flashed my m240i with a Mission Performance stage 1 this afternoon, the car is completely stock. Little did I know there is a shop/gas station right around the corner from me that sells 105 octane race fuel, FROM THE PUMP! So I had 7 gallons of 92 fuel already in the car and put in 1.5 gallons of the 105 Octane rocket fuel. Holy-ish! It is outrageous. Mind you, my old Golf R would have definitely beaten it to 60. After the tunes that thing would launch and pull like a demon, (not a reference to the car) and sometimes spin all 4 tires, albeit momentarily. However, I would confidently say the way my 240i felt with the 1.5 gallons of race fuel mixed in, I think it would starting pulling away hard from the Golf R shortly after 60 mph. It feels incredible. The amount of torque and power on tap is just so far beyond how the car came stock its unbelievable. It pulls hard and just keeps pulling when im just cruising at 80 and step on it. No more lame stock speed limiter set to a 130 mph max. This car went from 80 to 140 quite quickly and the engine was still howling and pulling hard. I had to let off because I quickly approached the cars way in front of me and there was also a sketchy cross wind. It truly is addicting in a way that even with the great power that my Golf had, it can't even compare. Mind you I was only using 1.5 gallons of the 105 octane. I think tomorrow I will fill up the remaining half a tank with 105 before I go for a full fill of pure 105. I can't even imagine how much better its going to feel. That fuel with the tune is just bananas. I can't say enough good things about the level of satisfaction I have so far with the Mission stage 1 tune. Integrated Engineering really knows what they are doing and those tunes I had for the Golf were as about as perfect as you can get IMO in terms of feel, power delivery, smoothness etc. So far the Mission tune is shaping up to be just as impressive. Well there you have it, my 2 cents, okay maybe 20.
Keep us updated, havent seen much feedback on the mission performance tunes.
Appreciate 0