THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum New Car Day - This Saturday!

07-05-2018, 01:38 PM   #23
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

If you're willing to share, can you please describe how you ordered it and what was actually built? Thanks.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 01:39 PM   #24
1FUNCAR
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i Coupe

Like I said, there was more to this than I'm willing to discuss. The came in, it wasn't as I ordered, they said they couldn't fix it, so I said "Adios". It was the icing on the cake. BMWs are great cars but this one was just not meant to be for me. I'm accepting of that and going to move on without looking back.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 01:42 PM   #25
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FUNCAR View Post
Like I said, there was more to this than I'm willing to discuss. The came in, it wasn't as I ordered, they said they couldn't fix it, so I said "Adios". It was the icing on the cake. BMWs are great cars but this one was just not meant to be for me. I'm accepting of that and going to move on without looking back.
OK...it sounds like it's final for you....my only last advice, wherever else you go, skip Audi. If you are this upset at how this event turned out, you'd be livid at how we were recently treated leading to dumping a 2016 A6.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 1
1FUNCAR20.50
      07-05-2018, 01:48 PM   #26
Redsauce
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
The vehicle actually arrived. It was ordered incorrectly. For me to accept it was ludicrous. There is far more to it and I'm not going to air the dirty laundry in public. I'm simply done with it, cancelled my loan and insurance, and will decide what to do once my blood pressure comes back down to normal.
Sorry to hear of all those frustrations. I ordered in late March and should have the vehicle within the week. I too was told that the vehicle would be in within 8 weeks max..Dealer has been very accommodating to me however.

Last edited by Redsauce; 07-05-2018 at 02:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 04:39 PM   #27
dradernh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
The vehicle actually arrived. It was ordered incorrectly. For me to accept it was ludicrous. There is far more to it and I'm not going to air the dirty laundry in public. I'm simply done with it, cancelled my loan and insurance, and will decide what to do once my blood pressure comes back down to normal.
Wow...I'm really sorry to hear that. Best of luck whichever way you choose to go in the future.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2018, 09:31 AM   #28
Rayscott
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 228ix

Quote:
Well, I'm this case not. I ended up walking away from the deal after wasting 3 months with the special order process. I am definitely NOT buying a BMW now - or ever. If anyone wants to buy this car, the dealer is hot to sell it now.
You got an a$$hole for a sales person. I dealt with one sales person when buying my 2 BMW's and he is top notch. No issues, in fact the entire dealership is excellent. You were obviously excited about getting this car so I would shop another dealer and forget this awful experience. Salesmen like this will not last long as dealers do not like losing a sale because of stupidity. Buy another one and take it back to the 1st dealer and rub their nose in it.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2018, 11:16 AM   #29
USA-RET
Captain
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue M240i

Quote:
BMWs are great cars but this one was just not meant to be for me. I'm accepting of that and going to move on without looking back.
There is certainly something to be said for that. I'm also of the opinion that if things are meant to be, they tend to happen w/o a lot of drama. It is hard to imagine a car that is special ordered (correctly), wouldn't arrive as ordered (especially being built in Germany). The last 4 cars I've special ordered have arrived exactly as I wanted.

I feel for ya.........
Appreciate 0